Winter's coming....

Heh, I saw MoThreat's post and thought he had returned. Then I read the date and scrolled down to see my old reply. Ah, the memories. I still hate winter, and it's getting colder by the day. I just shut some windows and cranked the heat up yesterday.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
???

BTW, whatever happened to MoThreat?

Boy, I wonder whether some of you (here in the States anyway) even have heating. Double blankets? Jackets? Nahh. My wife and I just crank it up.
smile.gif

But yeah...September here in Ohio was weird, still totally sunny and hot, I was still running around in underwear with the windows open. Now it's dark and cold and rainy, and we're supposed to have snow flurries Friday. It shall be seen...

What I really hate though is you dress up warmly for the daily commute to work, and the office is sweltering with heat because some idiot keeps cranking up the thermostat to 74 degrees. For heaven's sake, ppl are wearing sweaters etc.!!! Yet in the SUMMERTIME, they make the office too cold....air conditioning until your brain freezes. I wish it were a constant 69 or 70 in here...

All I'm hoping for though is a white Christmas for once in a while...

Yeah sometimes i hate the sudden weather shift. A few days ago I had gone to bed with the windows open. I decided not to use a blanket cause it was so humid, but in the morning i woke up cold as hell, the weather was so dreary and cold, it could have been raining. Anyway, the reason I hate the shift is because I always fall victim to a cold or sore throat. Drat.

you panzies have felt nothing till you been up in mid sask well a little north of mid sask and its been -36c with a -40c windchill going on. nice and chilly and what the hell was i doing going to the pop machine to buy pop that was surprisingly not frozen solid.(it had been that cold for about a week norm was -20c at night) so yeah summer too hot and winter too damn cold. but i still love my slurpee's in the middle of winter.

yeah, Saskatchewan (check out my avatar). Get's pretty cold up here in Prince Albert, but it gets still colder up in La Ronge (look us up on a map
smile.gif
) not a lot of snow the last couple of years, tho. what the hell good is a cold winter if you don't even have snow to screw around in on the days when it's not too cold??
angry.gif

i think -20 degress C. equals -20 degrees F. The two scales do meet somewhwre in the early negitive range, and it is damn good trivia. my numbers might be wrong, but they do meet, equally.

Here's the end-all to this remarkably stupid debate.

C -> F: 1.8© + 32

F -> C: (5/9)(F-32)

If you input (-40) in both formulas, you get (-40). Hence, Celsius = Fahrenheit at (-40).

Tell me about it.

Back when this thread was started last year Chiraz just wouldn't believe me... ???

MTXBlau Posted on Oct. 18 2002, 8:53 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the end-all to this remarkably stupid debate.

C -> F: 1.8© + 32

F -> C: (5/9)(F-32)

If you input (-40) in both formulas, you get (-40). Hence, Celsius = Fahrenheit at (-40).

ummm.. thanks, but my ti 86 has a f-c fucntion somewhere in it's conversion menu

every time i hear the words "prince albert" i do not think of a place.... not a place one can live... well, you COULD live there i suppose but after a while it would get boring....

let me just sum it up like this: when i hear the words prince albert, it does not make me think of a place i would want to have a house.

and now why do i think 99% of you are all going to say 'wtf is she talking about?!'

Well, right now (Monday morning) it's -15C (5F) but it's not supposed to get any colder for at least a week.

Cyn, I don't know what you are referring to. But I think I would like to get the joke
smile.gif

Hate to be left out
sad.gif

I think I'll be eating my words about summer...

It's 11pm and the temperature is still 31C (88F) and it's going to be 42C (108F) tomorrow.
ohmy.gif

The smoke from the bushfires blankets the city. The sun was orange when it rose today...
sad.gif

How's everyone else faring?

Hi: 26F / -3C

Lo: 8F / -13C

Current: 13F / -11C

The numbers don't mean anything really - after freezing it's just too damned cold.

It ended up getting to 43.4C / 110F today.

Really farkin' hot.

And there were fires not too far from home.
sad.gif

Back