X'eye Power Adapter

####... that's a good price on an x-eye. What curtis said is very true. It's better to go lower than higher.. i found this out the hard way with my first SMS.

I found this out the hard way too with one of those #### multi-voltage plug packs. I had a nice little walkman that I'd power off a plug pack switched to 3v. One day, after playing my Lynx for a while, I decided to listen to some muzak.

The Lynx runs off 9v.

The walkman didn't.

It let me know this by helpfully blowing up in my hands - mmm, smoky bacon.

Herein ends a tale of woe.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that...although I know now and at least my x'eye is safe. I tried various electronics places but nobody seems to even have a 9.5v adapter...weird. Seems like most are 7.5, 9 and 12v but no 9.5....its the .5 that makes that difference...ugh.

Thanks for the advice you guys have been really helpful. I knew nothing about voltage and power supplies until I started posting here.

go with the 9V one, and if you can, grab one with 1 A to be on the safe side, if not get one of 850. the .5 V can't make a difference, most power supllies can't even give out a constant voltage that doesn't differ less than .5V from the intended voltage.

Try to pick up a Genny1 AC adapter. That shouldn't be too hard to find. After all, if worse gets to worse you can buy a used Genny1 with one for about $12. If for some reason it won't power up cut the cable and reverse the poles.

Mo threat,

The genny 1 adapter doesn't fit in X'eye. I tried it the first time I got it. You'd figure that it would fit in the X'eye since it is a sega cd machine...ugh.

Thanks anyways...

Kyosuke75

Buy a coaxial plug that fits from Radio Shack [or some such place], cut off the Genny plug [leave some cable for re-attachment if it don't work on your X], and solder [or twist for testing purposes] the new plug on.

Back