You are trapped in a Zombie infested city

Keep in mind the whole city is sealed off. You can't escape until the 7 days are over. The zombies are the average slow moving ones, but there are anywhere from 4000-5000 of them. They'll leave a path of destruction wherever they go. They aren't too bright, but some of them are a bit intelligent.

I myself would chose the Katana.

You should include a hunting rifle with scope. In this type of situation, I would think that a hunting rifle would be more available than a rocket launcher.

Are these the classic 'decapitation or burning are the only ways to kill' zombies? Or can they die from just taking enough bullets, like in RE?

Not really, you can still kill the tampon heads by shooting them normally after they get up again. So they don't have to be decapitated or burned.

my buddy Jason's reasoning for the Katana:

"sa ward" (phoneticaly)

A) You can get a good work out.

B) You don't run out of blade

C) Why the fuck wouldn't you want a fucking ninja "sa ward".

[edit] and you can scream like bruce lee and shit like that and no one would say anything about it. like waaaaa and no one would think your crazy.

man, with an xbox, you could cave in a few skulls. me, I'd go for a panic room. Someplace where i could live for 7 days and have somewhat of a food and water supply.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-11-06 @ 05:04 AM

B) You don't run out of blade

I was thinking around those lines until I realized that I while I can't run out of blade I can certainly run out of muscle and being a programmer with little interest in sports or other activities that might build upper body strength I think I would run out quite fast.

So given that limitation, I'm stuck with something that has an expendable fuel/ammo. Now in most places, it's much easier to find a gas station than a store with ammunition so that puts it between the chainsaw and the car. The chainsaw uses less gas, but it also relies on upper body strength to a degree and generally requires that you get much more up close in personal with the zombie than I would prefer so the car wins.

Of course, not all cars are created equal. The ideal zombie survival car gets relatively good mileage (since gas maybe somewhat hard to get), can take a bit of a beating (so a pre-crumple zone car is best), and has a carbeurator and not a fuel injection. Why a carbeurator you might ask? Well as we all know from Back to the Future Part III, fuel injected cars typically won't run off of alcohol. An older carbeurator based engine will run off of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or high proof ethanol (drinking alcohol) and probably certain other alcohols as well, so if you get desparate for fuel you can knock over a convenience or liquor store for an appropriate alcohol.

Man, I spent way too much time thinking about this...

I would think the "best" zombie mobile would have the worst gas mileage. A nice military issue hummer could take quite a beating. However, man would it suck up the gas.

Since we are dealing with hypotheticals, what about a light saber/laser?

Originally posted by schi0249@Mon, 2005-11-07 @ 08:26 PM

I would think the "best" zombie mobile would have the worst gas mileage. A nice military issue hummer could take quite a beating. However, man would it suck up the gas.

Well even the most rugged zombie mobile is relatively useless once it runs out of gas.

I personally think an older sedan (but not a huge boat of a sedan) is probably the best comprimise, particularly if you can manage to weld a more substantial bumper on the thing. If you can't, you can always drive backwards when you're mowing down zombies so you don't risk damage to the radiator.

It's not like you need a huge car to run someone over.

Even a compact car (ones made within the past couple of decades anyway) has a curb weight of at least 2000 pounds. Since the front of the car isn't incredibly wide, it's unlikely you'll be making contact with more than 4 or 5 Zombie's at once. Assuming the average zombie weighs no more than 200 pounds, the car has at least a 2:1 mass advantage before you take into account the occupants of the car. As long as the car isn't underpowered I don't see a real problem plowing down a horde of zombies.

My biggest concern is the damage the car will take in the process (thus the non-crumple zone requirement), the most critical type being damage to the radiator (thus the suggestion to do as much zombie bashing in reverse as possible).

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Mon, 2005-11-07 @ 04:08 PM

I was thinking around those lines until I realized that I while I can't run out of blade I can certainly run out of muscle and being a programmer with little interest in sports or other activities that might build upper body strength I think I would run out quite fast.

So given that limitation, I'm stuck with something that has an expendable fuel/ammo. Now in most places, it's much easier to find a gas station than a store with ammunition so that puts it between the chainsaw and the car. The chainsaw uses less gas, but it also relies on upper body strength to a degree and generally requires that you get much more up close in personal with the zombie than I would prefer so the car wins.

Of course, not all cars are created equal. The ideal zombie survival car gets relatively good mileage (since gas maybe somewhat hard to get), can take a bit of a beating (so a pre-crumple zone car is best), and has a carbeurator and not a fuel injection. Why a carbeurator you might ask? Well as we all know from Back to the Future Part III, fuel injected cars typically won't run off of alcohol. An older carbeurator based engine will run off of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or high proof ethanol (drinking alcohol) and probably certain other alcohols as well, so if you get desparate for fuel you can knock over a convenience or liquor store for an appropriate alcohol.

Man, I spent way too much time thinking about this...

[post=141467]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't even put any thought into it... that was my friends answer.

And really, a chainsaw uses a LOT of upper and lower body strength. I don't know if you've ever cut down a tree before, but you tire REAL fast. I'd say faster then with a katana.

If it were me out there I'd go with the car... a car like in "Quarantine" with the ramming gear on the front and possibly run down all you other fuckers and strap your chainsaws and guns onto my taxi cab of diseased hell and go pickin' off those fuckers.

oh God did I love that game... especially it's REALLY cheap CD-Key system of trying to keep you from bootlegging. That was funny.

I need to reinstall that on my DOS box just so I can have some carnage and fun.

Back