9700 pro and AGP Texture Acceleration

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
There is an option when I run dxdiag for AGP Testure Acceleration. It tells me it's not available.....Since this is a 9700 pro I would think it would have it. Are they suppost to have this option? If so, what could my probs be (have freshley updated drivers). Thanks again guys.

Is your card set to full acceleration? (under system -> performance -> graphics on Win9x, not sure on 2k/XP)

Hmm.. are you sure AGP is turned on? Perhaps you should try updating your AGP bus drivers as well.

ya, an Nforce2. I decided just to reformat...now everything is cool. I dunno why it was disabled before? Weird shit for sure. Maybe sum game I played turned it off? Who knows?

It could very well have been a conflict between ATI and NVidia drivers. ISTR that ATI has some kind of GART driver of its own that might not support NForce (NVidia, in their infinite wisdom, seems to think they can get away with treating their platform chipsets like their graphics chipsets, i.e. keep everything secret).

I don't think that's the case; I have a 9500 pro on my nforce2 machine, and it works perfectly (most recent nforce2 driver set and latest omegas).

ya, cuz mine owrks wonders now. Only thing I can think of is that I downloaded sum windows updates that were not off their main windows update thing. That coulda caused probs. Other than that I dun think I did anything different from what I usually do.

Back