A horrible animated movie

Shitface

Established Member
OK, i just finished watching the Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars. Its the sequal to the original. AND ITS THE WORST PEICE OF SHIT EVER!! I thought the original was pretty good. This movie though is so stupid! It was like a bunch of kids wrote it. They go to mars in a freakin laundry basket powered by a microwave and a ceiling fan. I can't beleive this movie was approved to be made. They go to mars and back in less than one night. And mars is run by runnaway appliances. The baby was taken there and kept in a bubble. OMFG this movie was crap. I hate animated sequals on account of most of them suck arse.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Just had to get that off my chest. Because so many sequals, disney movies mainly, have poorly made sequals. So many good movies ruined.

Craptacular design-by-committee sequels aren't limited to animated movies by any stretch of the imagination. It pains me to even think about it, but... Highlander 2, anyone?

Hey, Highlander 2 was a good movie. It just pissed people off because it took the series in a different direction. Now, all the Highlander sequels after 2 sucked.

I liked endgame... and I own 2... the renegade edition or whatever. only 3 I've seen though are 1, 2, and endgame. You know what animated movie is awesome? The Last Unicorn.

Are you talking about "The Quickening", or the director's cut / "Renegade version"? I've only seen the latter available, and it seems that there's a reason for that...

last unicorn is good, came out in like 87' I believe? well either way I went to get it off of DC and had it like 93% done and the bastard got off, grr. Either way I guess i'll have to find it around sumwhere but it's a hard one to find :-\.

check this out:

" Two years later (summer 1996) I can finally put the matter to rest. Thanks for Nobutoshi Ito and Aiko Shinkawa who helped with the original text from the Nausicaa Roman Album, and Ryo-san from the Miyazaki mailing list who helped by turning up an article on the history of Studio Ghibli. Topcraft did work on The Last Unicorn, The Hobbit, The Return of the King, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, all of which were Rankin-Bass Productions. After that they were hired by Animage and Hayao Miyazaki to do Nausicaa. After Nausicaa was completed the core of Topcraft animators formed the new Studio Ghibli. (Exactly whether Topcraft went out of business and Studio Ghibli was a new company or whether they just reorganized the existing company and chose a new name isn't clear.) So although Miyazaki had nothing to do with The Last Unicorn, there is still a touch of Ghibli style in The Last Unicorn. Now if I can just find out exactly who did the opening animation to both The Last Unicorn and Nausicaa...."

from: http://utd500.utdallas.edu/~hairston/lastunicorn.html

so the same people who did Last Unicorn also did work on return of the king? that's pretty cool. I couldn't even remember who did the animated version. I remember it being more moody/adult than most cartoons though when I was watching it as a kid.

now that this thread seems hijacked, I might as well post this too. It seems that amazon has the last unicorn listed as coming out march 16th on dvd finally!

Back