AI Translation of Nanatsu Kaze no Shima

I tried translating the raw text of Enix's Nanatsu Kaze no Shima using AI tools--namely Google Translate and Reverso, which helped with some context tweaking. However, I am still quite green at Saturn hacking. I thought I would post this here for someone with much better technical knowledge.

I hope it is useful.

Attachments

• AI English Translation Nanatsu no Kaze.txt
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
How were you able to get the raw text out of the game but then not know how to come up with a way to get it back into the game?

Secondly you should probably have an actual translator look over the translation. AI and machine translation can produce pretty questionable results.

The raw text was posted in a thread on here a few years ago. I thought I could translate and tried to place the text back in but was unable to a copy to work. I was hoping to see what translation would look like and edit from there with the help of a couple friends.

How were you able to get the raw text out of the game but then not know how to come up with a way to get it back into the game?

Secondly you should probably have an actual translator look over the translation. AI and machine translation can produce pretty questionable results.

Nanatsu Kaze's entire script is just chillin' on the disc as raw Shift-JIS text in the TEXTDATA.BIN file.

And yeah, machine translation is 100% not the way to go with this game. The whole script is written in a very poetic way, and to properly convey that, real people would have to put a lot of thought and care into a translation.

Yeah I just wanted something to work with and see how it interacted with the game as no English translation was out there--looking at old board posts there seemed to be a couple cracks but nothing out there; it was getting it back into the game that was beyond me (though it seems like space limitations aren't that bad with this one?). What came out of the AI translation is interesting and provocative but cryptic; I have a very minimal knowledge of Japanese; a native speaker suggested Google Translate and Reverso's context option to help get something coherent.

The best machine translator there was till a while ago (and I know what I'm talking about) was DeepL. But GPT4o, even if not perfect as it is, if you know how to command it to do the translation of things, can give absolutely amazing results.

The best machine translator there was till a while ago (and I know what I'm talking about) was DeepL. But GPT4o, even if not perfect as it is, if you know how to command it to do the translation of things, can give absolutely amazing results.
Agreed, I used gpt to translate a message asking it to sound like a natural Japanese speaker and it came out far better than any google translate I’ve used.

Back