Anime is dead, I only watch golden age anime 1978-2001

Mr^Burns

Staff member
I can't stand new anime, I consider Patlabor 3 or Cowboy Bebop The Movie to be the last golden age anime production marking an end around 2001.

I can't stand new anime, I consider Patlabor 3 or Cowboy Bebop The Movie to be the last golden age anime production marking an end around 2001.

I still watch new anime, and old anime, and any anime I like really. I actually just bought the Patlabor "Ultimate Collection" on BD not too long ago. Fun fact, I remux my own anime, and that collection clocks in at "only" 203GB or so.

I still watch new anime, and old anime, and any anime I like really. I actually just bought the Patlabor "Ultimate Collection" on BD not too long ago. Fun fact, I remux my own anime, and that collection clocks in at "only" 203GB or so.
What kind of device do you watch your anime on, just a pc or a popcorn hour, raspberry pi?

What kind of device do you watch your anime on, just a pc or a popcorn hour, raspberry pi?
Oh ho, you asked the rambling man to ramble.

I primarily use an "HTPC" that's actually a pretty beefed up gaming PC connected to a pretty decent home entertainment center (55" OLED HDR TV, Surround Sound + Receiver, Recliner). This setup is my man-cave setup, so "just me". My media storage is split between two home servers, one a proper rackmount server, the other just a full tower "Desktop" computer that runs headless. I do the actual watching via Kodi, though I do have Emby set up for the kids in their rooms (I could care less about the quality for their rooms). I also have a shield pro in my living room, that runs Kodi, for general family usage. Frankly the shield pro is more then good enough for the full *Kodi experience.

*: Kodi usage tends to fall into two distinct camps, the "core" users that use it as a library for their home media, and the pirate-addon users that only use piracy-related streaming addons and not their own libraries. I am the personal library "core" user type that tends to dislike the pirate-addon side of things.

Quite the setup ! Yeah kodi pirate add-ons are hit or miss and tend to get outdated too fast, just easier to visit the site that the plugin scrapes from

Back