atari lynx w/game gear battery pack

i bought an atari lynx I handheld, and boy it sucks batteries dry :/

faster than my old game gear. I was wondering if i could use the

same power source and battery pack for gamegear (performing the

right plug moddifications) in the atari lynx :blink:

any ideas? since the case of the lynx is pretty much empty (don´t know

WTF they were thinking building this handheld that big) I was planning to use a game gear female plug and stuff it in a corner, the solder the

proper wires to the board and plug the game gear stuff in it.

I just don´t know what is the atari lynx PSU rated and if the game gear

PSU would be enough to power this battery eater

Ok I am guessing it doesn't have a jack for an external power supply. I don't know much about the system itself... BUT using my understanding of electricity you can first figure out the voltage by multiplying the amount of batteries required by 1.5

i.e.

Game Gear uses 6 batteries - 6*1.5=9 - the Game Gear is a 9 volt system.

Now several things could be done to do this.

Lets go with the female tip idea you have, its pretty good! As the Atari Lynx is 9v also.

l1_opened.jpg

See the red wire, well solder that so that it connects (shit i forget the polarity of the sega gg plug... i believe the tip is positive) so yeah if the tip is positive (check the plug, if it shows the + sign on the inside of the lil' circle then it is pos tip) and solder the red wire there to the proper part on the female jack to make it positive.

Then the black wire to the other pin.

You should be good to go, thats the good thing about AC/DC adapters. All the conversion is done strait in the plug itself (explaining its immense size) so that no PSU board is required with in the system!

since the gg psu is 10 V .85 A and the original lynx psu is 9V 1A

i think using a master system psu which is exactly 9v 1A would do

better.

thanks for the pictures and help :drool:

Back