Beats of Rage for DC, PS2, and Xbox

Our Streets of Rage inspired beat'em up Beats of Rage has been successfully ported to the Dreamcast and PS2. A xbox version is also floating around the net, but since I don't have a xbox, I cannot comment on it.

However due to the enormous popularity all connections are constantly taken, so I suggest you download it from the newsgroups.

Dc version:

alt.binaries.dreamcast

alt.binaries.cd.image.dreamcast

PS2:

alt.binaries.kenpsx

1c.gif

If you can't help yourself and you want to visit the webpage, go to http://senile.mine.nu/beatsofrage

But seeing that our bandwhith usage exploded since these ports, I'd rather you didn't ;)

Awesome. Have you guys considered using bittorrent and the p2p networks for distribution? It'll ease your bandwidth load considerably.

impressive work :thumbs-up: , I have a DC I will take it :p Also did you think about a Saturn port ?

Hmmm....looks liek I am gunan have to go in search for the xbox version :). I dont like to hurt my DC's laser w/ backups :(.

uhm, right.. wtf?

cdrs don't hurt lasers. lasers are LIGHT.

but yes, the xbox version is pretty damn perfect and works really nicely.

Very Very impressive. I'm usually very skeptical about homebrew, but this looked good enough to make me go and set up my Dreamcast, and true enough, it was well worth it.

Fantastic work man, I am impressed.

Yeah, the game is sweet for a homebrew, but I feel the engine could use a few more tweaks. More moves would be appreciated, as would dashing, but the main thing I feel the game needs is more invincible frames; it feels like you're vulnerable at all times, which just doesn't play that well. Also, I think those biker guys should act like they do in SoR2 and 3, that is, lining up on the same plane as your character so that they can hit you (and you can jump kick them). Still, this is probably the most polished DC homebrew game I've seen (unless you count FoF).

That Chun-Li mod does look nice, although I kind of have a soft spot for the Alpha style Chunners.

You can find the executable (or whatever it is called for the xbox) here. But you still need the bor.pak which you can find on the beats of rage homepage.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Jan 31, 2004 @ 11:55 PM

Hmmm....looks liek I am gunan have to go in search for the xbox version :). I dont like to hurt my DC's laser w/ backups :(.

Homebrew isn't going to hurt your DC. This is NOT a backup. That would assume that the game had a release on GD-ROM, and was perhaps optimized for GD-ROM access.

If you're really worried about it, you can always take the plain files, add a dummy, and make it self-boot.

Back