Cable companies

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
We can't get satellite at our house, cause of trees... we'd need a 300 foot pole on our roof. Right now we have comcast extended cable right now, but quite frankly, I'm a lot less than pleased with the channel line up. No cartoon network, no history channel, and we only get comedy central half the day, the other half it's vh-1. BLEECH! Does anyone know of any other cable companies in northern california that may be able to help me with this little problem?

Edit: I mean hell, we get 2 copies of fox, WATAF? *grumble*

What I'm waiting for is only paying for the channels you want at a reasonable price.

Till then, I may never have cable.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the media companies. They are the ones who start the price gouging. They demand payment per subscriber. They could care less if you want to watch the channel. My damn rates went up because Fox Sports net wanted $3 per cable subscriber. They refused the idea of only charging those who want the stinkin channel.

It's not just the cable companies, IIRC the big media companies that run the channels push bundles to the cable companies too. I doubt many cable companies have enough clout to negotiate their own terms.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 29, 2004 @ 08:50 AM

What I'm waiting for is only paying for the channels you want at a reasonable price.

I'd love that to happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 28, 2004 @ 04:50 PM

Till then, I may never have cable.

That will never happen. Everyone would just get the regular channels + Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 29, 2004 @ 01:17 AM

well I've lived 23 years with no cable, I guess I can keep going...

I probably would be able to too, but once you get cable, all those extra channels will spoil you and you'll NEVER be able to go back. 😱

Yeah, fight the power. I wish I could convince my parents to stop with the cable already, the price is ridiculous, something around $50 a month, and we can hardly afford the cost of living as it is.

It's insane I tell you, INSANE!

I get a taste of it at my inlaws.

My wife like HGTV & TLC, but all I like is TVLand.

All the other shows I like are on broadcast

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jan 29, 2004 @ 05:25 PM

I probably would be able to too, but once you get cable, all those extra channels will spoil you and you'll NEVER be able to go back. 😱

Hmm... I've had cable (Foxtel in Oz) for 5 years or so now and while I used to watch it all the time, I watch it very rarely these days.

Back