• Rise from your gwave!

cable modem adapter

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Whitesnake, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Whitesnake

Whitesnake New Member

is ther anyway i can plug my cable connection into my dreamcast?

2. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

Yeah, the broadband adaptor (witch is basicly a network adaptor) but be perpared to pay near or over $100 for one

3. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

4. Whitesnake

Whitesnake New Member

yeah i seen that, it did not make to much sense

5. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

that's what i use, it works ok (for pso), but you lag (your dreamcast is basicly useing a 33.6 modem with it) but it doesn't work with all games (like ut, the olny other online game i have)

6. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

If your routing your DC through your comps cable modem and not another 56K then it shouldn't lag.

7. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

must be my poor winmodem then (witch i thought it was anyway)

8. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Hey, that actually looks pretty #### cool, I think I'll try it when i get the comps in my house working properly. I actually cant wait to play pso online again.

9. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

ive tried it and it didnt work for me. I think it might be my pc's modem since i just dug around for one, since i even built the line simulator and it still doesnt work. I am gonna try to get another modem to try, but so far all ive gotten from that is frustration.

10. Zero 9

Zero 9 New Member

If you put the wrong IP address for your Dreamcast, or if you are behind a firewall (router or software) of some sort, then you will moist likely be able to connect, but will have MAJOR lag inside PSO games, the lobby may work fine.

11. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

well, i know the ip address is right (i pinged it when my dc was connected before) and i also had my firewall up and down before when my dc was connected. it's this poor Creative labs winmodem ;)