D2SGM2 released today for Xmas 2008

I just finished it in time!

Our Xmas release this year over at www.satakore.com is an update to our previous year's Xmas gift => Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Vol. 2

It has 74 games this year.

What's new for the dev community is that cinepak video has been implemented successfully. We can't make high quality videos right now (as they don't run smoothly on a real Saturn and there are a lot of flickering) but it is the beginning and I hope it will give envy to some of the programmers here to develop a great converter.

I will release the source code of the D2SGM2 and also all the cinepak dev cd that I bought recently + some advices for using the AvitoSaturn program from Earl K. Stratton. This program must be updated if we want to use all the power of the cinepak, or we can find a way to use the Sega converter on our current gen PC, as it only runs on old MAC (PPC one I think, but I didn't succeed in making a virtual OS for it to run).

Great news:rock:, especially the cinepak usage is very interesting. So there does exist a cinepak implementation for Saturn? I wonder if it's from an official dev cd or if it's a port of a cinepak library...

libs and sample .c codes taken from an official cinepak dev cd. .c code slightly modified to be inserted in the D2SGM2.

As promised, I just released today the source code of my D2SGM2 program. You can get it at http://www.satakore.com/

Also, I released an ISO of the official Sega Saturn Cinepak Library Ver 1.20. You will find it inside the same .rar file.

I hope it will help the Sega Saturn homebrew community to grow. Also, I hope some of you will be able to modify the AviToSaturn program or create their own tool to make great .cpk video.

Cheers ;)

Thanks a bunch Madroms for these sources and the cinepak lib!!!!

For sure there will be many use of this precious stuff.

Back