DC arcade stick

Anyone here own a DC arcade stick? Please tell which arcade stick is the best in quality.

I own 2. 1 Hais(transparent orange&white) and the other official SEGA DC arcade stick. My advice is don't buy the Hais brand, the quality is crap, crap and more crap. The official DCAS's quality is very average(compared to the Hori VF4E PS2 arcade stick) maybe coz it's made in Taiwan. Anyone here got an official DCAS made in Japan?

You're best bet for a GOOD arcade stick is an x-arcade with the dreamcast cables, however, if you're any good with a soldering iron, I'd just go buy some happ arcade parts and gut a dcast controller and make a good stick.

I think the quality of the official sega stick is very good. I play my KOF with nothing else, but with the green menace. And it's so big you could club a man to death with it ;)

Is your DC arcade stick made in Taiwan/China? If not, where is it from? Check the bottom. If you think this controller is good I recommend you get Hais' Soul Calibur 2 PS2 arcade controller. I own a VF4E and the quality is so much better than the DC's.

Surely this all comes to the style of stick you prefer?

I've used an X-Arcade and can positively say i'd never use it again. The buttons are in a straight line and strangely enough my fingers arent all the same length, so that isnt comfortable.

The stick has too much travel and its a gear stick shape rather than a ball.

People do have different tastes obviously, or they wouldnt have sold so well.

I'd say the best stick around is the Dreamcast stick or the recent Hori offerings

Well, the joystick portion of the x-arcade is the style used more often in the us, the ball shape isn't so common, atleast not these days. As for the buttons in a straight line, it's set up to match the capcom arcade button layout. The idea is that it's for someone looking for a more authentic arcade feeling.

Actually, it matches both the SF2 style of buttons and the Neo-Geo style. Unfortunately, you can't configure which buttons are used when operating in console mode, so for DC games you're stuck with the Capcom style (official DC stick uses the same layout IIRC).. I don't mind that, but it would have been nice to have the option of setting up the buttons Neo style as well.

Yeah, I had that issue with running it on my cube, and how you couldn't actually achieve the capcom layout. As such I've installed switches in the bottom of mine that allow me to set it to hwo it came, or flip the buttons appropriately so that they work like the capcom layout on the cube.

I forgot to add... Anyone here interested in a brand new official DC arcade stick?

I know someone selling for USD 40.. I suppose you can check Ebay for cheaper controllers but if anyone is interested in a new one let me know.

My firend knows a kid who makes his own sticks.....I hear they are top-quality too. I wonder how hard it is to make your own?

If you were using an existing controller as the basis for your arcade stick, the hardest part would be the woodwork and making sure it had cool paintwork. :cool:

The wiring would be quite straight forward.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:27 AM

the DC stick rocks

best bet for the money

best console stick ever

I would've agreed with you until my SNK vs Capcom Chaos stick for the PS2 arrived, it's a beaut.

Which website did you buy it from? Does the website have a picture of the controller? And does the arcade stick makes clicking sound when moving the analog stick?

Originally posted by REDFLELD@Jan 9, 2004 @ 05:50 PM

Which website did you buy it from? Does the website have a picture of the controller? And does the arcade stick makes clicking sound when moving the analog stick?

I assume you're talking to me.. I got it from Videogame Imports (UK based so I didn't have to shell out import tax like usual). You can get it from Play-Asia too, there are pictures on there of both the sticks (there are SNK and Capcom versions). Oh yeah, and to my knowledge no arcade sticks support analog control and the stick does click.

And if you weren't talking to me, ignore all that :).

Back