Devo - Whip It on TRL

This won't work. Ever since one of these campaigns got "Hangin' Tough" by NKOTB on there, they changed the policies of how they count the votes so that anything showing up that's clearly from an anti-TRL campaign will be removed from consideration.

You're better off voting for recently released videos for good songs, or for anti-pop stuff that The Box might show but not MTV. (Insane Clown Posse comes to mind.)

Ever since one of these campaigns got "Hangin' Tough" by NKOTB on there, they changed the policies of how they count the votes so that anything showing up that's clearly from an anti-TRL campaign will be removed from consideration.

So much for "total request". I guess they don't want people to rock the vote. 🙁

Did they actually play it?

Here's a link that will auto vote for it

They can probably filter out results without the right HTTP referrer, so it's better to just go through the main page (via typing/pasting the URL, not a link, because they could filter on a referrer blacklist too).

Off topic note: What would appear if we did combine our powers?

Segata Sanshirou.

Yes, the first time one of these things was done for "Hangin' Tough" it did get played.

Instead of Chaka Kahn, how about Phraka Kahn. Or Lords of Acid, whichever has the more recent album. Both put out videos that MTV refuses to show.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Wed, 2005-01-12 @ 03:20 PM

Yes, the first time one of these things was done for "Hangin' Tough" it did get played.

Instead of Chaka Kahn, how about Phraka Kahn. Or Lords of Acid, whichever has the more recent album. Both put out videos that MTV refuses to show.

[post=127693]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, then again, the songs are pretty provocatively named, involve heavy drug use, tons of sex...

...hey wait! That's like, half the videos they ever show anymore!

FYI, I like Praga Khan, myself. And Lords of Acid.

Back