Doom Movie.

Ugh... I'm sorry, but BFG-9000 does NOT stand for bio force gun... BIG FUCKING GUN NINE THOUSAND!!!

Okay, not Mars I can handle, though it was never on Mars, it was on the moons of Mars. We'll have manned missions going there inside of a decade, and making a movie about going to mars and running into crazy alien demons or something, well, that would be considered hokey way too soon. They could replace Mars with another, non-existant planet all the same.

But some sort of virus mutating humans into the monsters... Ummm... Resident Evil anyone? No, it NEEDS to be either true demons from hell or aliens created to appear as demons from human mythology (as they were in the Doom novels). Yes, some of the monsters, the common unarmed zombie style grunts, can be former humans, but not the floating skulls and the boss monsters.

Yeah, it sounds pretty bad, but I don't think the idea of a Doom movie really works out in the first place.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe Doom III took place on mars proper, although Doom 1 & 2 didn't.

Doom 1 takes place in the moons of Mars. You were sent from Mars with space marines.

Episode 1: Phobos

Episode 2: lost Deimos station floating above hell

Episode 3: Hell

Doom 2 takes place on Earth (Even though it looks nothing like earth, just re-edited levels from Doom 1) Doom 2 wasn't that great imho.

Doom 3 takes place on mars. The only reference to Phobos is at the communication station when you try to send the transmission via the Phobos satelite link.

I can just see a meeting with movie execs determining the outcome of the movie: I don't get it... creatures from hell? Are those like zombies? Why don't we make them more zombie-like... that makes a lot more sense. And Mars? Why not a 'space outpost'?

This was just brought up on the Daily show (March 2nd) when "The Rock" was interviewed and stated he would be playing the main character.

----------

Jon: "Now I'm excited... you happened to mention this and I don't want to uh, get anyone too excited but you mentioned backstage that theres another movie you're working on that I got very excited about. You're filming it in prog, tell me the name"

The Rock: The movie is doom

Jon: Doom. The videogame doom.

*crowd ohhhs*

Jon: I had no idea they were making a movie out of that - not that I stay up until 5 in the morning playing videogames every night cause I have a child...

*crowd laughs*

Jon: I can't wait for this to come out

TR: yea, we just wrapped it

JS: Now are you a creature or...

TR: No I'm playing... I'm the one

JS: *high pitched* You're the dude?

*crowd applause*

TR: know what I love? Its unapologetic, like the videogame. I love blowing **** up, and in this movie...

JS: yea, when you get that plasma gun and you get up there and... *motions shooting all around*

TR: Its not a plasma gun now. Its a 'bio force gun'. But its called in the movie - BFG

JS:That ain't for bio force from what I understand *sparse laughter* and you get to use that, the BFG?

TR: *nods* I get to use the BFG

JS: Then you know the game is won. I'm so excited... when is this coming out?

TR: August.

----------

Jon finished the show with a great announcement:

I know that I talked to The Rock about sitting at home and playing violent videogames and I realize we have a lot of young, impressionable kids out there and I just want to let them know that, uh, you can smoke while playing them. *explains how to do it* So don't let that stop you.

Hmmm.... With The Rock in it... At least, even if it sucks, it'll still be fun to watch for the sheer humor of it all. lol

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Tue, 2005-03-08 @ 04:22 AM

Hmmm.... With The Rock in it... At least, even if it sucks, it'll still be fun to watch for the sheer humor of it all. lol

[post=131060]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes! I remember the time I watched the Scorpian King.... it was a great laugh. Haha :devil

I'm with Tycho.

Originally posted by Tycho

Doom movie indeed, sir. I'm not expecting Gone With the fucking Wind, but there's only two things you need to do in order to make something Doom or not and they couldn't handle it. It's just not that Goddamn hard.

M.Jackson would be a nice addition to Doom movie aswel😀

351.jpg

That would be more humorous if it were Jacko and the dude from Code: Veronica (forgot his name).

Back