Dreamcast Modchip Installation

I have just bought a DC Modchip from a website called VideoGameImports.com (a UK site), and I have no idea how to install it. Well, that's not entirely true, it's a 4-wire modchip, I know where to put 2 of the wires (wire + and wire -). Wire A and B are the wires I dont know where to solder.

There's a picture of the mod on the link below:

http://www.flaknet.eclipse.co.uk/img/dcmodchip__v3_0__01.JPG

Wire A = Yellow ; Wire B = Green ; Wire + = Red ; Wire - = Black

I have checked many other DC modchip tutorials, and none are decisive on where to solder A and B, those two wires are the problem wires for me.

Anyway, if someone know's this modchip and can guide my installation, that would be great.

shouldn't the chip come with a instruction sheet?

Mine did although I didn't get from VideoGameImports. In fact I fogot from whom I got my chips but the seller threw in couple of boot disc as freebie...

OK, i've chipped my PAL dreamcast and have a couple of questions.

1. Is there anyway to run import gaes in 60hz, other than using a boot disk?

2. My chip only seems to work on start-up, opening the lid and replacing the game with the power on makes the DC behave as an unmodded console. Is this normal? If not how do i fix it?

Thanks for your help!

wow, finally found a site that sells dreamcast modchips. hopefully they'll ship to where i live(california).

although that it seems it didn't come with an instruction sheet leaves me a tad nervous. does anyone know of another site that sells dreamcast modchips?

Back