Emulation Section Updated!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I have added the new Dreamcast Chanka release in the emulation section along with the correct bios file.

Enjoy!

I see ...

And where is Saturnin 0.20 ? :smash

As a matter of fact, I decided to quit the world of emulation, and to go faaaar away in the mountains 😛

Originally posted by IceMan2k@May 30, 2004 @ 04:13 PM

Want to head up the emulation section full time?

Nobody is working on it.

Thanks for the proposal, but I really don't have the time for it : this emu is eating all my free time 😉

I was just playing around 😀

VBT, the dc bios and flash are in the same zip file under dc bios in the emulation section. Feel free to add saturnin though.

See I have this great DC emulator here. It's all white and squareish. It's got this nifty controller and that wacky memory card deally. Oh yeah it's called a Dreamcast.

Honestly I don't see the point of this emu since DC's are a dime a dozen. You can only play pirated games which work on the DC anyway. You get perfect play and speed. You get the original controller and VMU...I just don't get the need for an emulator.

Originally posted by gameboy900@May 31, 2004 @ 02:02 AM

See I have this great DC emulator here. It's all white and squareish. It's got this nifty controller and that wacky memory card deally. Oh yeah it's called a Dreamcast.

Honestly I don't see the point of this emu since DC's are a dime a dozen. You can only play pirated games which work on the DC anyway. You get perfect play and speed. You get the original controller and VMU...I just don't get the need for an emulator.

Why do you need emulators for anything? It's good to have, DCs aren't a dime a dozen everywhere, they aren't going to be around forever, etc. Geez.

Originally posted by Dyne@May 31, 2004 @ 04:37 PM

just wondering, isnt it illegal to host bios files for systems?

Yep. But you'd need a coder's cable (or BBA) to get it from your DC yourself, so...

no i was just saying because i know how SONY has cracked down on sites for having the PSX bios (epsxe sites). didnt want any unneeded attention being drawn here and didnt know if ice was aware.

I doubt sega will really care. They have said in the past that they are flattered that people actually want to play their older systems. Sega is prob. the most lienient when it comes to emus and such.

Hmm, hopefully this'll lead to some Naomi and Atomiswave emulation in the near future as well... maybe not AW since it's still going strong.

Back