Fixing an LCD Monitor ... Please Help!

Hello,

I recently purchased a used older MAG LT765s 17" LCD monitor for my computer off ebay, I bought it knowing it was broken thinking it was an issue with an inverter board. Now I do not think it has anything to do with the inverter board at all. I need help.

Here are the issues. The screen looks great, no damage, no dead pixels, the CCFLs are in great shape and all light up.

The monitor once turned on will sync up with my computer or laptop and display a great image and work perfectly. But once I turn it off and turn it on again, change screen resolutions, or refresh rates the screen turns off and no longer will display an image, the power button will remain green but will not turn amber regardles of how many times I push it. The only fix is to unplug the monitor from my computer and to unplug the monitor from it's power source for about 15 min. or so. If I instantly reconnect it after unplugging it the "No signal" screen will appear but as soon as it is plugged into the computer the screen shuts off again.

Does anyone know what the issue could be??

I took the whole thing apart and the inverter board looks to be in good condition, all the cables inside are fairly secure. From visual inspection there are no burn marks, the coils on the inverter board are in good shape and I've yet to see any capacitors all puffed up.

It seems to only be a signal issue when resolutions and refresh rates are changed.. are their certain capacitors or anything I should be checking??

Any replies are appreciated, It's too nice of a monitor to just re-sell :bawling:

Back