Flickering graphics on modded Saturn

Hello all!

I just bought a PAL Saturn with a Modchip installed, no other modifications like region switch done. And so far it runs fine with one exception, there are these strange graphic flickers. They appear most of time right when I turn on the machine. The weird thing is, these flickers don't affect the whole screen, only parts of it, like certain colors, or in case of Daytone USA only the 2D backgrounds flicker.

This whole effect will vanish after some time approximately 30 minutes, and once it's gone it stays gone.

It's also independant of the type of video cable I use to connect the Saturn to the TV.

Does anyone have encountered something similar before or has an idea what might cause this?

Another question: what are those import cartridges capable of? If I play a japanese game on a PAL Saturn with an import cartridge plugged in, will the game run in NTSC or PAL? Or do these things offer you a choice for the video format?

Also do these things run in background or am I presented with a screen of options whenever I turn on the Saturn?

Back