frist mod, sanyo, cd wont spin

Hello i found your fourms through racketboy who sent me my first mod chip and ive run in to problems. as far as im aware this can be posted here as im only requesting techincal guidance. Apologies if i have misunderstood and i would appreciate this being moved to the correct section rather than being deleted.

What i did:

from this guide

test saturn with legit game, worked fine but the sound was slighty off because i manually tuned the tv.

unpluged the saturn an opened up, found a sayno board

solidered A to B to get rid of blue wire as adviced by racketboy and posts here.

unpluged white ribbon cable going to board(possible mobo) below pc trap board. pluged ribbon in to mod chip.

pluged modchip in to lower board, i think your calling it the the mobo here but im not certain

soldered red wire to 4th pin up on power power block with +5ve.

replaced top.

What happened on power up with game from above:

boots fine

set clock etc ( i need a new battery, its in the post)

loads cd playing menu

I notice that the disk is not spinning throught the window in the top.

I turned it off and opening it up, everything looked fine.

turned on with no disk and top off, no spin and loads clock menu

I pushed the button which makes the saturn think the top is down and the lense jerked up a tiny bit then when down again. if i push the button again it jerks again.

What i think could be the cause:

modchip not in far enough, it feels flimsy but i dont want to risk pushing harder incase it breaks. how strong should the chip feel when its in completly?

so any ideas?

.:update1:.

on removal of the mod chip the game works but i apear to have lost all sound.

.:update2:.

I redid the mod using more force to put the modchip in and it spins and works :D. the sound was a tv thing, i forgot to store the channel.

Back