• Rise from your gwave!

Game Gear NO SOUND !

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by checker, Mar 22, 2002.

1. checker

checker New Member

Hi !

I`ve got a problem with my game gear i have no sound ! i can da what i want i can`t get

sound of the inernal speaker of my GG (i can hear the sound but nt very loud)

this seems to be an very popular problem of the gg so anyone got an idea how to fix it ?

2. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

.. this maiy be a stupid question but did you try turning the sound up? heh heh... maybe the speakers are shot then.

3. checker

checker New Member

sure the sound is at max. the internal speaker is okey too..

4. Curtis

Curtis Member

What about through the headphone jack?

5. checker

checker New Member

on the headphone jack i can hear something but its not very load and its only mono i get only sound one ear

6. checker

checker New Member

on the headphone jack i can hear something but its not very load and its only mono i get only sound one ear

7. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

Hmm...Well, if a resistor in the audio system is fried, it'll make everything come out really quiet, but fixing it will require a few hundred dollars in tools.

8. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

IF that is the case, then he should just buy a new one... ####, buy two incase one breaks ;)

9. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

hes right it is common

i have exactly the same problem with 2 units, and the 3rd one had no sound at all

i can see its something on the small board with the volume control though, since i got my silent one to make some sound by swapping that board over

10. checker

checker New Member

Yep its somthing on the small board but wath ?!

I already replaced the volume poti and the ic on this board but no sound at all =(

11. checker

checker New Member

Yep its somthing on the small board but wath ?!

I already replaced the volume poti and the ic on this board but no sound at all =(