Grim Fandango

Supergrom

Ban Hammered
I just started playing this game, and so far it is pretty cool, but there are some puzzles that are just utterly ridiculous that i had to look up in a guide :):Spoiler:: go to dominoes room, grab the coral out of the drawer, tie it to the end of the rope, sling it to the ladder, climb to roof, put balloon AND water in dish to scare away the pigeons and get the eggs ::/Spoiler::). Still, a pretty cool game that I'm kinda mad i missed when it came out.

Better late than never.

The thing is the game has its own internal logic. Keep in mind that you are in the land of the dead. :)

Think about it. You need to get to the ladder, but the ledge is broken. So you need to get the rope across. The birds keep leaving once they eat the bread, so you need to scare the crap out of them.

I mean, it's a rope made of ties! It's important to note most of the game is like this. Though it's highly comedic. And I've played through this game one too many times. :D

All of Grim Fandango's puzzles were easy compared to something like Monkey Island 2's "monkey wrench".

Rynex, the game is still for sale under Lucasart's "Classic" range.

Actually I was able to get that, Secret of Monkey Island: Le'chucks Revenge, and Fallout 1 & 2 (together) all at Media Play, none of them under the classic lable. For like $10 each or something like that.

If you haven't played it yet, Beneath a Steel Sky is outstanding. Graphically, lacking, but storywise very well done.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Apr 8, 2004 @ 04:42 AM

yeah, i might have to purchase some monkey islands too, since the only one i have played was the one on sega cd, and i quit pretty early because of the nasty load time. I'm also thinking of getting the Blade Runner adventure game... because, well, adventure games rock :)

I have the whole serie, and I really enjoyed it ;)

There is a lot of good Lucasarts adventure games worth buying like

Day of the Tentacle (my all times fav)

Indiana Jones 3 & 4

Sam & Max

Full Throttle

etc ...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Apr 16, 2004 @ 08:51 AM

If you haven't played it yet, Beneath a Steel Sky is outstanding. Graphically, lacking, but storywise very well done.

Not to mention it's completely FREE now and downloadable from the ScummVM website. Use ScummVM as I seriously doubt you'll get the game running in Windows.

Back