Gunstar Heroes, Panzer Dragoon and More on PS2

racketboy

Established Member
The latest issue of Japanese games mag Famitsu contains good news for SEGA fans like me who have been waiting for some of their old favorites on newer consoles. The magazine reports that the PS2 will soon have a bunch more conversions of classic Master System and Genesis/Megadrive games.

Some of the notable names on the list are the Space Harrier 2 on the Genesis/Megadrive, and Panzer Dragoon on the Saturn, which will feature upgraded graphics. Also mentioned is Die Hard Arcade from the Saturn. It’s not clear how many of these games will be included together on one disc, or how they will be grouped.

By far the most exciting news, though, is that of something called the Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box, which will include Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soliden and, and Dynamite Headdy.

Very cool.

More info and commentary here

Damn, I'd buy that Treasure comp just for Alien Soldier, but c'mon, they should include some more games on that sucker. No Radiant Silvergun? And the least they could do is toss in Light Crusader.

Yeah I mentioned that on my blog.

Light Crusader shouldn't have been a problem since it was a Genny game too.

Guardian Heroes and Mischief Makers would have been cool too -- but maybe if they are emulating them, the PS2 doesn't have enough power

Maybe for Treasure Pack 2 on the PS3 :)

Back