help with saturn mod chip, can't get it to work

Hi, i recently bought a saturn mod chip, and I tried installing it and I've had no luck yet. I'm pretty sure my connections from the mod chip to 5v connection is correct, and from the mod chip to the 32 pin chip on the laser board. First the saturn would boot up to the system menu screen, and I could play the music from the games. I then tried switching the laser adjustment on the side of the chip for the older laser to the new saturn lasers. It would still send me to the system menu screen. Then I tried rerouting singal A wire to point B on the mod chip, and that didn't work. Now I think that my 21 pin ribbon cable is damaged, cuz i decided to to resolder everthing, and taking out the ribbon cable out of the mod chip caused the blue strip on the back to come off, so i inserted the cable back into the main board, and I took off the mod chip. Now the saturn laser hub wouldn't spin fast enough, so I took out the cable and reserted it, and the saturn started working again. Now I resoldered everything back, and inserted the 21 pin cable back into the mod chip and inserted the mod chip into the mainboard. Again the saturn laser hub wouldn't spin at the correct speed :( . So I reinserted it back into the mod chip and this time it would spin at the correct speed, but I would still get to the system menu screen. I have no clue what to do, is my cable bad? is my mod chip defective- I got it from gocybershop.ca and when I got it the chip looks really really dirty and the pins were bent on the back of the chip, probably used and returned. I have no clue whats going on, I'm begging for help at this point, spent way too much time on this already. I would appericate any help. p.s. sorry about the long post, just had alot of info to get out.

I, myself also didn't manage to get my saturn modchip working on my PAL Saturn... but do what I do.. get a used system with a modchip installed. I paid 70 USD for an NTSC J+modchip Saturn system.

did you solder to the 3rd pin from the bottom right hand corner of the chip(3rd from the right 15 from the left)

yup, i soldered the 3rd pin from the lower right hand corner of the 32 pin chip.

the same thing happened 2 me, try soldering On the big metal thing behind the power supply, worked 4 me

big metal thing behind the powersupply?, sorry but you'll have to be more specific, I just ordered new 21 pin cables hopefully this is the problem, but i'm also afraid i might have a hairline piece of solder connecting the proper pin on the 32 pin chip to another pin, that might be the case, read some threads on this segaxtreme forums, and some person had this same problem, but I don't have a magnifying glass to see if there is such a thing. Right now my only concern is getting the saturn to work again. I also ordered a new chip from xinga.com, hopefully this chip will work when I get it in.

Back