how can i rip to iso+mp3 directly from original?

to rip my original saturn cd to iso+mp3,so i extract data track with disc juggler(mode1/2048)

and audio track with cdex.

and after making cue file i burned it but it doesn't work on real saturn.

as an instruction in Miscellaneous section,ripped with cdrwin, then from bin+cue file extract data track with cdmage, it work.

but, it wolud be more efficient to rip directly from original cd from the point of saving hd space and operation time.

how can i rip to iso+mp3 directly from original cd?

sorry for poor english.

Originally posted by chth96@Nov 23, 2003 @ 07:30 AM

to rip my original saturn cd to iso+mp3,so i extract data track with disc juggler(mode1/2048)

and audio track with cdex.

and after making cue file i burned it but it doesn't work on real saturn.

as an instruction in Miscellaneous section,ripped with cdrwin, then from bin+cue file extract data track with cdmage, it work.

but, it wolud be more efficient to rip directly from original cd from the point of saving hd space and operation time.

how can i rip to iso+mp3 directly from original cd?

sorry for poor english.

You want to save hard disk space so you want to rip iso+mp3 instead of bin+cue? Well, sure, you'll save hard disk space, but, of course, you'll lose sound quality with the iso+mp3 rip. If you wish to preserve them in the bestest possible way, then rip bin+cue. I can't help you with ripping iso+mp3, because, quite frankly, I have never ripped an iso+mp3 before. This question has most likely been answered in a previous thread. If you have found some instructions on how to rip iso+mp3's and you still can't get it to work, then you have a problem.

You want to save hard disk space so you want to rip iso+mp3 instead of bin+cue?

i already decide to rip mp3+iso but i think it will not need to process of ripping bin+cue to get iso+mp3 image.

If you have found some instructions on how to rip iso+mp3's and you still can't get it to work, then you have a problem.

and i can't extract complete data track directly from original cd to make iso+mp3 with disc juggler (mode1/2048) it would be problem in my point of view.

in Miscellaneous section, ripping iso+mp3 precess said as followed behind

Ripping in ISO + MP3 Format

Follow steps 1 to 3 above to create a full BIN + CUE set.

Run BINChunker and select Load Cue from the File menu. Browse to and Open the CUE file. You will now see the track layout of the BIN file.

in other words,i think making bin+cue to extract data track from bin+cue image would be unnecessary for getting iso+mp3 image.so i need some tool excepting for disc juggler to extract data track directly from original cd

i usually feel it is always hard to convey my question point with my poor english skill. :damn:

Use nero burning rom.

extras-->savetracks

then select iso(not nrg) for the iso,and select the audio tracks,go to settings and enable mp3pro,choose a place to save the files ;)

this method rips directly to iso+mp3 any disc

thanks both of two. :lol:

i ripped princess maker2 which is one of my few original collection and

it'll put on edge or others ftp.

thanks again :lol:

sorry for poor english.

Uhh, by being smaller in the first place? After compression you don't gain as much, but it goes from small to very small. Now, I'm not advocating the use of ISO+MP3 for everything, but there are cases where 160-256 kbit MP3s are more than adequate. Like for something where the audio tracks are used solely for background music and where you don't need a perfect replica. Less important games, whatever. That said, for most of the games I rip I go the other route and make a straight Nero image of them. Its big, but its perfect.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Nov 28, 2003 @ 01:34 AM

Uhh, by being smaller in the first place? After compression you don't gain as much, but it goes from small to very small. Now, I'm not advocating the use of ISO+MP3 for everything, but there are cases where 160-256 kbit MP3s are more than adequate. Like for something where the audio tracks are used solely for background music and where you don't need a perfect replica. Less important games, whatever. That said, for most of the games I rip I go the other route and make a straight Nero image of them. Its big, but its perfect.

MP3 = compression. =) Ripping to iso/mp3 automatically results in compression.

And the whole point with the quality aspect IS when the MP3's become background music. >_> Or do you think compressed voice samples are worse than compressed music? Compressing plain voice doesn't change much...

160 - 256k mp3's are never adequate. i like my background music to sound good, and be sync'd properly. tag owned you so go away

ISO/MP3 is also inferior in that there are more ways to screw it up - your burner could miss an audio track's start by a few sectors, the ripping program could mangle pre/postgaps, the encoder and/or decoder could add or lop off additional samples due to the encoding pipeline, etc. I won't tell anyone what to use for their own purposes, but for distribution ISO/MP3 is a mess.

ok. all

princess maker2 has only one audio track and it is rather bonus track than attention track.(a radio performer's voice who have a part in daughter in game.

and playtime 14:06.7)

so i think there is no need to extract bin+cue in order not to mess up audio track's sync.

and also this track is unnecesary for game so don't have to worry about background music's grade to down by mp3 compression.

anyway, as most of you insisted on,

CDRWIN(BIN+CUE) RULES. >_<;

<_<

Back