How do I convert Iso/mp3 to bin/cue?

Hello,
First time poster here. I'm on windows 10, 64bit. So I tried using SegaCueMaker to generate a cue from a folder containing 50+ MP3 files and a single iso. I want to convert what is in this folder into bin/cue format. So after using SegaCueMaker and opening up the cue file with notebook, I see the following:

FILE "Lunar the Silver Star.iso" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
POSTGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Lunar the Silver Star 02.MP3" MP3
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Lunar the Silver Star 03.MP3" MP3
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "Lunar the Silver Star 04.MP3" MP3
TRACK 04 AUDIO

and this continues for essentially 52 MP3 tracks, which I won't post the full cue here.

So when I go to use Alcohol 120% and try to mount the cue file to a virtual disk, it doesn't even recognize the file. Normally when you mount a cue file, you can see the option to convert it to other types of files other than .mds

So why isn't this cue file being read correctly? Normally you just name the image, select the directory you want the BIN/CUE to be saved to, and click start. Then it will start ripping the BIN/CUE. As you can see in the images below, it's not even showing the music tracks. I even tried converting all the mp3 to wav format before doing this and I got the same result. Can anyone help me? This is my first time using these programs. If there is a better way to convert a sega CD rom with 50 different mp3 files and a single iso file into a bin/cue format, please advise. Also I notice that some cue files show TRACK 01 MODE1/2352. What is the difference between that and TRACK 01 MODE1/2048. I found out that if I use AnyBurn and just convert the iso that is in the folder to bin/cue, there's no music in the game as expected.

image 1 - Copy.jpg

image 2 - Copy.jpg
image 3 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048 is for ISO files and TRACK 01 MODE1/2352 is for BIN files. That part should be fine the way it is.

Judging from your screenshots it looks like you are in the wrong 'wizard' which is for creating an image, whereas you already have an image. Maybe you need to use the Image Burning Wizard? I've never used that program so I could be wrong. I always used ImgBurn

I'm not sure Alcohol 120% supports MP3? You mentioned converting to WAV first, did you remember to adjust/rebuild the cue file afterwards?

If you're not restricted by bandwidth or data caps, anything like that, you might want to consider redownloading something that doesn't use MP3 for tracks considering it's a lossy format to begin with.

You must convert mp3 to wav file by using audio convert like NCH switch,and edit cue file(replace all of .MP3 with .WAV and replace all of MP3 ,which is last word of each line, with WAVE) then You can mount cue file with daemon tools or virtual drive of alcohol 120.

Back