How do you tell the difference between Night Traps

racketboy

Established Member
I had an original copy of Night Trap -- the uncensored version.

But unfortunately disc 1 was to scratched to rip.

I have since sold it.

I only have a rip of disc 2.

So I need to tell the difference between a ripped copy of the censored and the uncensored of disc 1. Are there any files size/track length differences or anything?

It probably has a different product code - you know the "T-12345" number. SCDConv displays these, doesn't it? Maybe I've got that wrong...

god...I used to know this. Something in the menu screen or sumthing made it so u could tell the difference..... Check out SegaCD Universe (in the linx section), I believe they have info on it.

in the censored version, when it's starting and the words "Night Trap" are displayed, it shows dripping blood coming off the 'A' in trap.

I know it doesn't make much sense for the censored version to have a more gory title screen, but that's how it is.

Here's the reference ID: T-162105

So let me get this straight. The uncensored original version has the letter A tip over and the censored one has the letter A bleed all over?

I'm just curious to know this since I need to add the censored version into VGR and I have the ISO of night trap to get the screenshots from.

Also that item number you posted is that for the censored or uncensored version. And if possible could you get me the barcode for the censored one.

Originally posted by deadearth@Feb 26, 2004 @ 02:52 AM

in the censored version, when it's starting and the words "Night Trap" are displayed, it shows dripping blood coming off the 'A' in trap.

I know it doesn't make much sense for the censored version to have a more gory title screen, but that's how it is.

Here's the reference ID: T-162105

well there are some missing scenes in the censored version, but I just don't want to play through the whole game to find out :)

product code for the original (uncensored) is T-04903-01.

product code for the re-release (censored) is T-162105-00.

I have originals of both.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 25, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

So let me get this straight. The uncensored original version has the letter A tip over and the censored one has the letter A bleed all over?

I'm just curious to know this since I need to add the censored version into VGR and I have the ISO of night trap to get the screenshots from.

Also that item number you posted is that for the censored or uncensored version. And if possible could you get me the barcode for the censored one.

yea, the censored has the letter A tipped over with blood dripping off, and the uncensored just has the letter a tipped over with NO blood dripping off.

I don't have a capture of the back of the box, so I don't have the Barcode, but could you post it KingM?

sorry about that, i got busy and forgot.

Night_Trap_(blue)_(U)_front.png

Night_Trap_(blue)_(U)_back.png

I wish night trap was setup like double switch. The game has no replay value. Double switch does but not that much thought. I have the red box version

Back