I found a mod chip for a 20 pin Saturn

yes. furthermore the ribbon cables only have contacts on one side, so if you put it in facing the wrong way, it won't work.

it could be possible that you have the same bad luck as the topic-starter and your chip has some production failure.

Hi,

I have used these chips to mod pal model 2 21 pin+jap model 2 21 pin. This chip is not designed for 20 pin saturns...the two slots are in and outs for 21pin ribbons. This is known as the v2 modboard.....I have the same problem as you and I will be using the 20pin v1 modchip hack on this forum.

Ormy

Originally posted by Zheræ@Tue, 2006-05-16 @ 12:52 PM

Check post #19 I explained how to install it.

[post=146292]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry dude, I have the same saturn as you and I will go and test this.

Hope it works!

Originally posted by ormy@Tue, 2006-05-16 @ 04:48 PM

sorry dude, I have the same saturn as you and I will go and test this.

Hope it works!

[post=146296]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi, I have tried this method (on a jap grey model 1 with psupply attached to top cover) and the saturn displays a black screen with no activity.

I know the chip is functioning as I have put it back in another console and its working.

Please could you possibly detail your mod with some pics..how your jumpers are set etc..this would be massivley appreciated.

Thanks

There's not much difficulty, just make sure you cut the correct end of the ribbon cable's pin, insert the cables properly and it's done. I know someone made a tutorial for these modboards too bad this forum search engine is crap you'll just have to check some pages back.

Back