I've found a second sun!

I've found a second sun!

You don't have to buy anything uber-expensive, nothing overkill. Just don't buy cheap stuff again, hah. At most you could get something like this, but I'd recommend like a 350w Fortron or 400w Allied unit. Fortron makes some good stuff, and Allied is ok. They aren't monsters, but a 350w Fortron would whoop a 4xx watt noname PSU. I mean you could always buy a nice Antec or something, but at that point the 420 thermaltake looks pretty good.

I've found a second sun!

Hah wanna hear something else fucked teh up?

I booted up my compy, tunrs off three seconds later

Try again, same thing

THen i try again and it boots directly at the bios screen. I turn on the comp and there the bios is

I just went to exit and it booted windows but wus up wit dat?

I've found a second sun!

Psh fuck dell, this is no problem

You think the bios thing is a psu issue or something else? I know i've been having some problems but that's cause i bought cheap shit.

I'll upgrade that next time but the bios thing just struck me as odd.

I've found a second sun!

It went into bios and allowed me to change options and stuff.

Oh and by the way, i found out that my cpu temp was NEVER at 233. It's at a nice stable 94 degrees F.

Hm well that only happened once I guess it's ok now.

I've found a second sun!

is one of your keys on your keyboard stuck?

that could get you into the BIOS.

Although it would probably beep at you too

I've found a second sun!

No it wasnt and plus i didnt plug in my case beep monitor thing.

It pissed me off after it's constant going of for non issues.

I've found a second sun!

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Nov 13, 2003 @ 04:33 PM

You don't have to buy anything uber-expensive, nothing overkill. Just don't buy cheap stuff again, hah. At most you could get something like this, but I'd recommend like a 350w Fortron or 400w Allied unit. Fortron makes some good stuff, and Allied is ok. They aren't monsters, but a 350w Fortron would whoop a 4xx watt noname PSU. I mean you could always buy a nice Antec or something, but at that point the 420 thermaltake looks pretty good.

jeeze a 30 dollar 400 from allied

is that a reliable one you think? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?...rtby=14&order=1

It's the uh, the 30 dollar one that's 400w

I've found a second sun!

The booting into the BIOS screen is a feature of Asus boards. If they detect that bootup has failed (for whatever reason), on the next boot you will be presented with the bios screen with all settings at their factory defaults. The idea of this is to protect your system if you overclock agressively and the system fails to boot with those settings, but like i said, if the machine crashes pre-POST you'll get the same behaviour.

I've found a second sun!

Oh well that's cool I gues...

Um then why the hell is it that every time I boot up i get thrown to the bios? Why would boot up be failing every single time?

I've found a second sun!

Something is seriously fucked up on that PC of yours. Use the jumper on the mobo to reset the bios to factory defaults and see if your PC runs stable with those. If it does then you can gradually increase the settings. Also take out any non-essential cards from the PC. Leave only the vid card and see if you get any of the problems you've been having.

I've found a second sun!

Hm well I just booted up today and it worked no problem. I think I found out why

Ok my friend said netgear fucks his up at bootup and he has an asus as well. He said he'd get thrown to bios every time so he had to unplug his external wireless reciever and plug it back in at bootup.

I tried that and it worked fine.

Problem 2: the non bootin up. What happened was the psu had so much dust in it that the fans couldn't spin without blowing shit all around so I opened it up dishcarged it with a plastic handled screwdriver and some electric redartend gloves , cleaned it out put it back togehter and it worked great.

I've found a second sun!

interesting

is your place really that dust that the PSU gets too dusty after only a few months?

I've found a second sun!

No but I have it in a corner so it mostly just blows doest around against the wall not really going anywhere

And remember it's like a 20 dollar psu i'm getting a new one tomorrow cause i'm going to a lan party on saturday.

I've found a second sun!

The $32 Allied isn't a juggernaut, but its respectable, and its better than what you have. Its strictly mid-grade, but that's fine for a computer with your amount of hardware. The more you load up with, the more money you'd have to put into a PSU. But yeah, I wouldn't buy a $20 PSU. I'd almost prefer the Fortron 350w unit, as they've tested to max out considerably higher than they're rated for, but I'm using a 350w Allied right now with no problems whatsoever.

As far as your "second sun", I told you that software was reporting a BS number. However, the temperature you get in your BIOS is the temp at idle. If you want to know what it is at load, you need to get monitoring software for YOUR board (from Asus, probably something came with its CD?). But with the HS/fan you're using, and the temp its giving at idle, you'll have no problems, so its not really important unless you just want to know.

Oh yeah, and if you're having problems with dust, you might want to install filters over your intakes, and/or clean it more often.

Back