Japan Exchange 2004!

Cloud121

Established Member
Well everyone, tomorrow's the big day at school, as over seventy students from our sister school, Minami Senior High School in Osaka, are going to be there.

They visit as a large group like this every two years. Normally, they have two students come at the beginning of second semester ever year, but last year there were some problems, so two students came at the beginning of the school year, then we'll have two more stay for second semester later in the year.

I only remember one of the students names from two years ago, Seiko. She and I were good friends. I miss Seiko... :(

Anyway, due to the trouble last year, like I said, we're having a total of four students have the semester stays with us.

I have some pictures of Ayako and Asami:

On the far left picture is a picture of Ayako and my friend Ashley ("Mouse" as I call her).

Next to it is a banner we made for the seventy-plus coming tomorrow (They're in Des Moines as I type this). I think it says "Welcome to Urbandale High School." :huh That's me, my friend Alex, Ayako, and Asami.

Next, there's a picture of my friend Alex with Asami (Left) and Ayako (Right).

Lastly, it's a picture of just Ayako and Asami.

Asami = :drool:

I really don't have any classes tomorrow, as most of the day is full of stuff with the Minami students. Tour of the school, presentations in the auditorium, shopping, eating, etc.

Only fourteen Japanese IV students as well... Oh man...

I'm taking my camera with me tomorrow, so expect lots of pictures and video this weekend.

:thumbs-up:

After reading the banner a bit more, I think it just says "Welcome Minami."

Actually, I completely forget what the banner says...

The hiragana next to the kanji is "no minna youkoso"

Attachments

• Ayako_and_Mouse.JPG
    Ayako_and_Mouse.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Ayako_and_Mouse.JPG
    Ayako_and_Mouse.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Banner.JPG
    Banner.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Banner.JPG
    Banner.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Alex_and_The_Girls.JPG
    Alex_and_The_Girls.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Alex_and_The_Girls.JPG
    Alex_and_The_Girls.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Asami_and_Ayako.JPG
    Asami_and_Ayako.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Asami_and_Ayako.JPG
    Asami_and_Ayako.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 173
On the second pic, my buddy says the Kanji says South High School. So something like "Welcome everyone from Minami High School"?

In the third/fourth pics it says something like "If you pile it up even dust can make a mountain".

bwaahahaa. I hear that it's very common in japan to make fun of people from osaka. They're similar to rednecks, and their accent (osaka-ben) is very odd. Modernize those girls mr cloud, show them your american penis and they will love you forever.

If you pile it up even dust can make a mountain".

Finally I know what that says! I'd been meaning to ask Sensei these last four years, but I always forgot about it.

Thanks Alex! :)

fun fun... now contain yourself though, we know how you get around asian chicks!

:p

You don't want to make Des jealous, do you?

Uh oh... *Runs before Des can kill him* ;)

Anyway, I got A LOT of video to sort through. I also got a lot to tell you all.

Give me some time to get all this ready. I've been really looking forward to showing you all this.

:)

Here we go!

I got to school, and surprisingly, none of the students were there! It didn't take long though, as about fifteen minutes later, they all started showing up. At 8:00 AM, all the Japanese IV students had to meet up in front of the PAC (Performing Arts Center), along with all the Minami students, as we were going to give a tour of the school. Before hand, I was bored, so Alex and I made a couple videos and took a picture. Sensei had us raise our hands, so the Minami students could see where we were, we had about five people per person, sometimes more. In my group, I had Himori, Kai, Memi, Mari, and Asa. Himori could speak GREAT english, and she was very good looking too. I took a picture of them all with the front banner.

After that, we went back to the PAC for some presentations. First thing, was that one of the Japanese teachers gave a presentation on something. We then had a teacher give us a speech. We also had a few students give us a "Thank you speech". We then had a "Fashion Show", to show off the differences in clothing or something.

Sensei and Mrs. D were talking something about diversity, so we had some Bosnian students do some dancing, and some Latino students do some dancing. Continuing with the music stuff, we had our senior acapella group "515" perform a song. Why the hell they sang the Spiderman theme song for their second song is beyond me.... Lastly, we had the hip-hop group "Flawless" perform for us.

It was then picture time. After searching the auditorium for what felt like an eternity, I managed to find Himori. I got a couple pictures of her and I, and her, Ayako, and I after finding her. Alex took my camera and took a few pictures himself.

I made a little video as well.

Now, it was time to go to the mall. I asked Himori if I could shop with her, and she said yes. I was very happy. :) Just before getting on the bus, I was able to get a couple more pictures of her and I.

On the bus, I took a picture of Asami and Hitomi. (Asami is one of the students visiting for the semester, and Hitomi lives in Des Moines).

It was quite funny on the way to the mall, as we passed a group of soldiers, and the whole bus just erupted.

After getting to the mall, I managed to find Himori, only just as I asked her to come with me, she went with a different group. :(

I helped the other students order their food, and after done eating, Alex and I went shopping with the students for awhile.

Leaving, I managed to find Hiromi again, only she kind of ignored me, as she was trying to find Garret. :( I got a picture for myself though. :thumbs-up: Why it says "Hometown Team" with Ames being 45 minutes north of West Des Moines I don't know...

Alex, Amanda, and I got lost on our way back to the school, but we managed to get back in time for some GREAT performances by the students.

First they all cheered to the song Hey Mickey wearing Iowa State :) and Iowa <_< shirts. Himori was wearing an Iowa State shirt. :wub:

After that, they had a large group sing a song for us. It just about made me cry. :(

A truly kick ass performance was next. The dance group performed for us. Twice. I zoomed in and out on Hiromi a lot.

To end it, they performed a traditional dance, to a folktale song. It was great!

We went to the pep rally next. There was the traditional exchange of gifts. Sensei got a caligraphy stone and ink, Sensei gave them a framed picture. It being of pictures of Des Moines, that spelled out the alphabet.

Turns out the Minami students were to perform again, only in front of the whole school!

The dance team did their thing again. I zoomed in on Hiromi a bit again.

The folktale dancers did their dance again as well.

I didn't want ithe day to end, but sadly it had too. I miss Himori. :( :wub:

I apologize for the poor quality of the videos, as this was all recorded on a digital camera.

also, did you have sex with her? or ask her out on a date? get anywhere? I know it's not the internet, but damn boy, it's a japanese school girl. even if she is kinda so so :(

Also, did you have sex with her? or ask her out on a date? get anywhere?

Heh, I was actually thinking about asking her on a date, but I didn't see her after the mall, other than the dancing. :(

I know it's not the internet,

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you referring to my love for Des?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2004-10-29 @ 11:24 PM

Heh, I was actually thinking about asking her on a date, but I didn't see her after the mall, other than the dancing. :(

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you referring to my love for Des?

[post=122003]Quoted post[/post]​

そうかもね

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2004-10-29 @ 04:19 PM

Finally I know what that says! I'd been meaning to ask Sensei these last four years, but I always forgot about it.

Thanks Alex! :)

Yeah... but aren't you in Jap IV or something? Shouldn't you be able to look up what you don't know and piece it together somewhat on your own?

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Fri, 2004-10-29 @ 02:08 PM

bwaahahaa. I hear that it's very common in japan to make fun of people from osaka. They're similar to rednecks, and their accent (osaka-ben) is very odd. Modernize those girls mr cloud, show them your american penis and they will love you forever.

[post=121965]Quoted post[/post]​

Sensei's reply:

Osaka is a huge city. Obviously this person has never been to Japan and has no idea what he is talking about. Osaka-ben is different, and some snobs from Tokyo might make fun of it, but they are certainly not rednecks. Feel free to quote this at SX.

Back