Java IRC Chat Improved

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
The Java IRC Chat application has been improved. You can now choose which Efnet server to connect to for yourself, rather than being limited to whichever one irc.efnet.net refers you to. Some common-sense rules and instructions have also been posted on the page. Come join us at:

http://www.segaxtreme.net/chat

This damned crapulent Power Mac is too old and feeble to manage. :(

Not that I should be on IRC while at work anyway. :lol:

I'll see about it. All the servers listed use 6667 so I made that the default. But I should be able to add a selection option.

This thing is limited to the servers listed, or at least it is supossed to be. It can be used to join other channels, but I didn't want it to be able to connect to other networks. Gotta do what we can to reduce IRC spam.

Also, if anyone knows of any other excellent Efnet IRC servers that should be listed, just send me a PM with the details.

Just for kicks I tried it out. Some servers require identd, like the default one in the drop down box. Seems to work ok though.

Most servers require IdentD. The applet is configured to allow this. If IdentD is being blocked, it is a problem with your firewall or router. Make sure port 113 is enabled.

Back