M A N H U N T

Yup the PS2 keeps on getting the Best titles years before anyone else does and this time it's the awesome game

M A N H U N T. If you havent got this game yet, I urge you to go buy it now! That is if the game Thrill Kill just didnt give you enough, this one goes a mile further!

NOTE: I was told the game was Banned somewhere allready...it figures. I forget where tho...

MuRdeR haS NevEr BeeN Soo MuCh FuN!

EGM really harped on this one.

They basically said that while the game has a good plot and is incredibly gripping, it ends far too abruptly (no payoff for putting so much time in), a bit repetitive (plays the same death animations too often), and their big complaint was that the game just goes too far.

I'd have to agree with that last one, without even having played the game.

I should scan the review for you all...

I read the review you are talking about tagrineth, I think the scores they gave were all around 8, but I don't feel like finding my mag right now. They make it sound like the game is really cool to play, but theres only so many times you can watch someone get stabbed in the throat with glass before it gets boring. I have nothing against the violence tho.. until they start making games where the goal is to kill as many babies as possible.

actually the amount of weapons is really impressive, with shotgus, sniper rifles, etc..like GTA series but way more gore and very adult content. Its getting very hard (Im on stage 14 now) and it does have a good replay value if you want to get a five star rating on all the levels, its very hard to do... to kill everyone execution style and beat the level under 10 minutes is really tough... Its by far my favorite game right now. I cant wait to see the ending. I hope more games like this come out by Rockstar. :cheers Oh and make sure you use the Headset to talk trash to the enemys and listen in on the director as he tells you a few hints on what he likes in his Videos.... you are the star. Just be careful, one mistake by making noise on the mic. while they are to close and they will spot you and kill you.

Originally posted by chubbito666@Jan 1, 2004 @ 08:27 PM

I read the review you are talking about tagrineth, I think the scores they gave were all around 8, but I don't feel like finding my mag right now. They make it sound like the game is really cool to play, but theres only so many times you can watch someone get stabbed in the throat with glass before it gets boring. I have nothing against the violence tho.. until they start making games where the goal is to kill as many babies as possible.

They also pointed out that by the end of the game they felt quite desensitised and sick, basically.

lol, it figures, how stupid. Its just a great game. People felt the same way about the helpless girls in Night Trap back in the day. geez...

the game is great, the stealth action is as good, if not, better than the metal gear series. the only thing that sucks is thet the people never find you in the shadows, even if they are looking straight at u

it is a decent game, very very DARK and sick.... did I mention gorey...lol, it is a fun go around I would recommend it...

Originally posted by FAKK2@Jan 1, 2004 @ 09:01 PM

lol, it figures, how stupid. Its just a great game. People felt the same way about the helpless girls in Night Trap back in the day. geez...

Night Trap, w00t! ..heh

I meant to ask, was Night Trap released first on 3DO or Sega CD?

sega cd first, then re-released on sega cd with minor things taken out, then released on 3do, then on PC. the redone sega cd version is the only censored version and is hardly noticeable from the original version anyway IF there really is any difference.

having played manhunt a bit myself, It is pretty bad, but at the same time it's a kill or be killed sort of situation, and you actually achieve fairly good motivation for doing what you do. With that said, I really hope stores enforce the rating on this one like they should have on gta3/vc. I don't think games of this nature should be allowed anywhere near children, though I don't see why a responsible adult couldn't play it.

:agree

and to address the comment about "people said the same thing about night trap back in the day..." of course they did. and then night trap wasn't enough since the gaming populace is more and more desensitized and gradually you get more and more violent and disturbing images in games.

not that i really care about that sort of thing, really. i think that it's no different than going to see a movie of that sort of nature.

It was in New Zealand that the game was banned. Strange really - they have an "R18+" rating for video games and it was refused classification. Yet here in Australia, where the highest game rating is "MA15+", you can buy it from any video game shop. Maybe it has been censored, like GTA was here.

oh, ok. Someone told me it was banned somewhere, and that others might ban it as well... I love the game, its finally more gruesome than Thrill Kill which I also love, and speaking of Thrill Kill I now have the UNCUT FULL edition instead of the Full but edited Rated "M" version. I *might* put it up for download in a month or so, Im still working on my webpage when I aint online on my PS2, so it will eventually get done. sorry fer the long delay but someone suggested that I take a vacation from the PC so I did...and I feel alot better now, and not so grouchy 'bout many things. :lol: I would also like to make a more full/complete manual for the game Thrill Kill so that might also take some time. Allthough the last manual I made for it was ok, or so/so, it still needed some improvement. anyone who has my last manual I made for thrill kill and wants to give me some ideas for improvement, please simply email me with your thoughts. thanks everyone. ;)

Back