Mod Chip + Model 2. Power off/on for each game?

I just recently modded my Saturn, so this may be a silly question for some of you.

a. If I turn on my saturn with the lid open and a CDR in, then close the lid, it reads it as an Audio CD. Originals work fine. It only behaves this way with CDRs. If I hit the reset button, it's the same result. The CDR is read as an Audio Disc.

b. However, if I power the system off entirely, put in a CDR, close the tray, power it in = works great. game loads up fine.

Is this normal behavior after modding the saturn?

EDIT: I'm guessing this has something to do with an initial disc check regardless of whether or not there is a mod chip? Because I noticed if I follow the steps outlined in "b" to play a game, I can hit the reset button as many times as I like and it will continually load the game.

I'm just curious if thi is normal behavior and I'm interested in reading a bit more about it. I've been searching and reading around the forums for several hours now.

Any help, answers are appreciated.

EDIT - well. reading more and more, apparently this isn't normal. It should read the backups as apps not audio discs. what's so weird is it only treats the backup this way if I start the saturn, THEN put in a backup and close the door. If a backup is in the system, door closed and I power it on, everything works perfectly...

Back