Modding Sanyo Sega Saturn

I have a saturn with the Sanyo board and I cannot get racketboy's mod chip to work.

Does anyone know exactly how to install the chip on this model?

The AB method did not work. As it stands now, when I load an orginal or back-up the Saturn boots right to the CD player and treats the games as an audio CD.

Can anyone help me, please.

Can someone help me?

I talk already with racketboy but he don´t have much experience in sanyo boards.

Can anyone from here help me.

I want so much play with my saturn.:heeeelllllooooo:

I have a sanyo board and the A+B method didn't work for me either.

I've read somewhere about another mod, to solder the Signal Cable to the pin 7 of the sanyo under the cd-drive, but there are two sanyo chips and i don't known which is the correct one :vollkommenauf:

i don't know if i can post links, here it goes: http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/sanyo.html

I'd appreciate any help, infos or pics on the solder point

Yeah I'm not sure how much success you will have with the Sanyo board. I see the link to my site with directions and to be honest I have only ever known one person to get it to work. The odd are against a sanyo Sega Saturn I'm afraid.

I do believe the words "dammit" come to mind... good thing I bought this at a local store where they have more... I'll just turn the lens adjustment knob to make it not work and return it, I guess, and hope for a regular model 2 Saturn in exchange. It's weird, because it'll play originals just fine, but it acts like it's still looking for the security ring on the CD-Rs, and that's where it hangs.

Back