Need some feedback on 2 TV's here guys.

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

I'm looking to buy a new tv to replace my 15 year old one with only coax inputs, please don't laugh.

Hyundai 32"

Tatung 32"

Which one would be best for playing console games/watching tv? I get 10% off everything at Walmart since my dad works there so that is where I am buying my TV.

Get the Tatung - it shows baseball games whereas the Hyundai shows Disney movies. 😉

Seriously though, out of the two I'd probably go with the Hyundai. Maybe the company just doesn't operate in Oz, but I've never even heard of Tatung.

Still, if it were up to me, I'd buy a good ol' CRT rather than a plasma or LCD...

Originally posted by mal@Fri, 2005-07-01 @ 10:52 PM

Get the Tatung - it shows baseball games whereas the Hyundai shows Disney movies. 😉

Seriously though, out of the two I'd probably go with the Hyundai. Maybe the company just doesn't operate in Oz, but I've never even heard of Tatung.

Still, if it were up to me, I'd buy a good ol' CRT rather than a plasma or LCD...

[post=136151]Quoted post[/post]​

Tatung is new to me too. I'd try and find a decent brand, out of those two the Hyundai is probably better, but I usually go with Sony or Sony Jr. (Samsung). Only problem is Walmart doesn't cary Sony or Samsung, I'd check and see what Panasonic, RCA, Phillips, and Magnavox have. Also those are both HDTV monitors, you'll need a seperate HDTV tuner to enable HD.

I'd get the one that has more information about the product warranty, also one that is not "inported." :lol:

Tatung 32" LCD HDTV Monitor w/ DVI & Built-in Speakers

Assembled Country of Origin: Thailand

Components Country of Origin: Inported

Warranty Length: 1 year parts limited warranty and 90 days labor

Supplier Warranty: Technical support: 1-888-4TATUNG (1-888-482-8864).

HYUNDAI 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor w/ DVI & Built-in Speakers

Assembled Country of Origin: Imported

Components Country of Origin: Imported

Warranty Length: 1-Year

Supplier Warranty: This Hyundai product is warranted for the period of 1year from the original date of purchase, against defective materials and workmanship. In the event that warranty service is required, you should return the product to the retailer from whom it was purchased, or contact our Customer Care Centre.

WARRANTY CONDITIONS
  • The warranty is only valid if, when warranty service is required, the warranty card is fully and properly completed and is presented with the original invoice or sales slip or confirmation, and the serial number on the product has not been defaced. And Hyundai's obligations are limited to the repair or, at its discretion, replacement of the product or the defective part.
  • Warranty repairs must be carried out by Authorized Hyundai Dealers or Authorized Service Centers. No re-imbursement will be made for repairs carried out by non Hyundai Dealers and, any such repair work and damage to the products caused by such repair work will not be covered by this warranty.
  • This warranty covers none of the following:
    • Periodic check ups, maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
    • Cost relating to transport, removal or installation of the product.
    • Misuse, including the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or incorrect installation.
    • Damage caused by Lightning, Water, Fire, Acts of God, War, Public Disturbances, incorrect mains voltage, improper ventilation or any other cause beyond the control of Hyundai.
The consumers statutory rights in any applicable national legislation whether against the retailer arising from the purchase contract or otherwise are not affected by this warranty. Unless there is national legislation to the contrary, the rights under this warranty are the consumers sole rights and Hyundai, its subsidiaries and distributors shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or any damage to records, compact discs, videos or audio taper or any other related equipment or material.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING THAT YOUR PRODUCT CAME IN, BE KEPT FOR FUTURE SAFE TRANSPORTAION.

Personally, I am still very leary of Plasma. LCD is a tested format. The PC world's been using them for how long? However, plasma, there is still much debate. My father in law is a tech engineer. And even he is skeptical of plasma. He recommended I stick with LCD or DLP.

Plasma has an expected life of 7 years. If you have no problem with buying a replacement within 7 years it's not an issue.

That said, I didn't look at the tv's but I've always been a fan of better quality over bigger screen. Not that my opinion on that probably helps =/

Plasma sucks... period. Its for rich pricks to go around and say "I have plasma, kinda like whatsin my blood! Now Im gonna go take a shit on my employees."

I'd go with the Hyundai.

Just did a 180 and bought this this morning.

Panasonic

So are there any xbox or gc hdmi cables out there?

nope...

XBOX does have a YpBRdgibberjabber cable though. At gamestop its like 18 dollars. Makes a TON of difference too. (GC I never actually checked for Ypgibberjabber)

I have HDMI on my TV, I've used it once to hook my computer upto the TV.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Sat, 2005-07-02 @ 09:23 PM

Just did a 180 and bought this this morning.

Panasonic

So are there any xbox or gc hdmi cables out there?

[post=136187]Quoted post[/post]​

I exchange my Panasonic tv by yours. They make the best TVs 🙂

Thanks for the list.

Can't wait till I set it up tonight.

I hope things look alot better then my old coax on my GC and Xbox.

Good luck. The panasonic I bought last year has spent more time in the repair shop than in my living room. Though, granted, it is the first panasonic product I've had a bad experience with.

And make sure you buy the extended warranty!!! If you bought it from Wal-mart, you can buy the warranty online, don't believe them in the store when they tell you they don't offer them!!!

(/me looks at my $1000 laptop I bought at Wal-Mart that crapped out after 8 months and no longer had a warranty because the idiot working electronics that day told me they didn't have extended warranty plans, even though I found out much later that they do infact sell them on the website for shit you bought in the store.)

I bought a 3 year extended warranty in house from circuit city.

No, it's the string of girls that he pimps and the drug dealing that make Iceman his money. 😉

Back