NeoCD/SDL DC Version 9 test build

Neo CD emu for the Dreamcast, this ones just a test build so if it's got bugs etc.. dont moan, heres whats new with this one straight from the horses mouth:

'First off this uses stef d's c68k core it's very fast and very well written bordering on my wildest dreams. But it still has some bugs and this is not a full release it's a test so i can get some feed back. Shadows will not flash in this version im using a compiler setting for maxum speed it works but breaks shadows for now.View point no longer works.

Games with timers some of the are way to fast.Metal slug 1 is fullspeed with a hint of normal slow down only now. Im sure your going to be impressed. Nothing much else to say.

*Please be my beta tester and give feed back on what is now broken i need help on it.

Enjoy for now metal slug 1 and 2 are much faster some are unplayable due to speed. Metal slug 2 still has slow down even with massive over clocking speed gets faster and faster and it still slows down. Just to many sprites on screen it seems.

*Im releasing this because it looks like im going to be busy all week and have no time to do any coding so it would be to long to make you wait to see the speedup the c68k did bring.

Splash screen is by vampirics music is also by him. Great stuff. This a sneak peak at the final version splash screen art and music. Dont be alarmed first up lot of change.

Final version will have to included

Fixed CDDA on all games.

Selectable sfx and frameskip.

Were not that far away from that now. few months should do it.

Remember this is a beta test holds the place name holder of v9.0 when the cpu core bugs are fixed then it will be released.

List of games 100% speed or over speed are

Rally chase no slow down over speed

3count bout no slow down over speed

Metal slug1 slight slow down at parts hardly any. cdda

Aero fighter 2 No slow down. over speed cdda

Last resort No slow down

Street slam No slow down over speed cdda

Ragnagard Fullspeed first time cdda

windjammers No slow down over speed cdda

Super side kicks 1 fullspeed no slow down.

Pulstar Fullspeed slight touch of slow down cdda

Magic drop 2 Over speed cdda Timer problems

Little changes it tells you when, a game is loading when, it has loaded what, the game name is and when, it's auto saving to the vmu it will tell you onscreen and on the vmu.'

Get from here

From DC Emulation

Back