New Advance Wars!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
A new Advance Wars game will be hitting us soon! This time it will not be for the GBA but for the Gamecube.

3D realtime action game rather then the GBA's turn based strategy game. Sounds like C&C Renegade almost for the PC.

advwar1.jpg
advwar5.jpg

Thanks to the Magic Box for the news.

I wish this would have been an TBS. Could you imagine what they could do on the GC?? I didn't care for CC Renegade. And I really don't like 3D realtime action game.

It looks alright but they should sticken to the RTS gameplay.

Maybe it is an RTS but you can move around like an action game, for a limited time to just kill as many enemies as you can. Now thats an idea.

schi0249 said:
I wish this would have been an RTS. Could you imagine what they could do on the GC?? I didn't care for CC Renegade.
I don't think Nintendo has ever made a RTS game, so any first attempts may look average to say the least.... but if it was a RTS game, then at least the gameplay would be based upon strategy!

schi0249 said:
And I really don't like 3D realtime action game.
An example of a 3D realtime action game would be any of the Mechwarrior games for PC...you really don't like Mechwarrior?

Dark Samurai said:
It looks alright but they should sticken to the RTS gameplay.
Nintendo couldn't have possibly stuck with the RTS gameplay of the original Advance Wars, since the original Advance Wars didn't have RTS gameplay! It was a Non-RTS game! :lol:

Just poking fun at this misworded sentance, if you don't mind. Now, let me re-word for you so I can get a good night's sleep:
Dark Samurai said:
It looks alright but they should have chosen to go with the RTS style of gameplay.

Oh, and there is a very slight possiblity that it is a RTS game - Tenchu was one..was it not? But, from the looks of the screens, I would think that it is not 😛

as a major AW fan, I don't think I like the looks of it.

besides, how is it an ADVANCE Wars game if it's not on the GB ADVANCE?

So I corrected it. I meant turn based strategy, not real time strategy. As for Mechwarrior, I really don't care for it much. To me, its just an ok game. Good for the genre, but just not my style.

racketboy said:
besides, how is it an ADVANCE Wars game if it's not on the GB ADVANCE?
I heard that they were going to call it Cube Wars, but that sounded stupid to me.

I guess they just wanted to keep that name for recognitions sake

Back