New Sega CD Puzzle Game

This game is TOTALLY homemade, did you realize it ?!

I think for a first game, even if it's a Chuchu-like, everybody must encourage it!

2 people worked hard on it, and if they only read "stupid game, just a rip off", do you think they'll continue and perhaps release a new ORIGINAL game ?

I'm surprised by your reaction.... :sigh

Well, from the screenshots and description, I'd say it's basically *identical*, not just *similar* to chu-chu-rocket.

But it's hard to tell without having played it yet. If it is just "similar", then I don't have a problem. I love chu-chu rocket, so another similar game would be great. But if it's just a flat-out copy with just some sprites and wording changed, then that's not really cool. Or at least if they called it a "port" instead.

I'm pretty loyal to GoodDealGames. I think it's wonderful that they're releasing new segaCD games. It's just exciting to see *new* games being released for a classic system. I've boughten Star Strike, Bug Blasters, and Battle Frenzy from them. I'd gladly buy this one too. But my problem is that I already have chu-chu rocket. And I don't want to pay 30$ for a new game that's virtually identical to a game I already own (and only paid 2.99$ for!). If it's only similar, and not identical, then sure I'll go for it.

JMT.

Kaneda: This game is TOTALLY homemade, did you realize it ?!

I think for a first game, even if it's a Chuchu-like, everybody must encourage it!

2 people worked hard on it, and if they only read "stupid game, just a rip off", do you think they'll continue and perhaps release a new ORIGINAL game ?

I'm surprised by your reaction....

:agree

Racketboy: Obvious Chu Chu Rocket ripoff

How many other games fall under this category and we still play, buy support?

Kaneda is right. It is great to have a totally new game for the Sega CD because the others games from GoodDealGames were coded in the past.

I hope that this is the begining of more games, demos etc. It seems that users are starting to code things not just play games.

Maybe it is like ChuChu Rocket but if Sega is angry then they should do the original version for Sega CD :lol:

Hmm... I remember playing a Genesis version of this. It was a demo ROM, and it *IS* a Chu Chu Rocket port. All graphics looks nearly identical, and the layout *IS* identical, and even the puzzle boards looked the very same ones.

Seems the only way they found to commercialize this was turning it into a SCD game.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Aug 15, 2004 @ 02:37 PM

Seems the only way they found to commercialize this was turning it into a SCD game.

some correction

"..found to RELEASE IT FOR EVERYONE was "

I think this is great 🙂, I'm also a bit surprised by the negative reaction. I remember trying out the Genesis rom from fonzie's site (did you help with this fonzie?) Anything new and exciting for the genesis like this is a great step forward. Furthermore, I'm glad to see it on the Sega CD from a developer stand point.

Good news find.

Back