Nintendo DS

An article on the DS appeared here. It even has a single piture of the device. Article found through Slashdot. 🙂

11-nintendo-inside.jpg

That actualy doesn't look bad. And the fact that it is backwards compatible is a huge plus. I sure can't wait to see one in action. I do feel that if the PSP truly comes out at $250-300 it is gonna have a hard time selling. I remeber when the GBA came out, I had parents who had a difficult time shelling out $100 for that. Most parents know their kids have a hard time sharing consoles, let alone hanhelds.

I like the shape/form of the DS way better than the PSP prototypes.

I'd take my GBA for quick gaming and/or when I need something small and then I think the DS would be better for long trips/airports/etc

Well, I was gonna get that NES styled GBA-SP later this year, but methinks since there will be backwards compatability (which they'd previously said it would not be) I'll just wait for this to come out instead.

looks very "game and watch"ish to me, but looks pretty nice. I'll have to wait and see if there are any games that i really want for it, and maybe wait for a price drop to get one. I'm pretty happy with the selection of quality games on the GBA right now.

oh yeah, any word about having a built in rechargable battery a la GBA SP? thats one of my favorite features.

The design on the DS is mighty ugly they need to redesign that thing some of the early pics looked better, that one looks a bit fat. The PSP on the other hand looks so good! Nintendo can do better than that :/

I disagree. I think the current DS looks the best. I like the flip lid, as it protects the screen better. My GBA had a hacked screen by the time I got my SP. And the designs i've seen for the PSP show flat piece and it looks tinny.

psp looks REAL skinny and uncomfortable. by the looks of things though, the DS looks like the buttons are gunan be small....like the size of the "c" buttons on the N64 controller.

AtaryFX said:
The design on the DS is mighty ugly they need to redesign that thing some of the early pics looked better, that one looks a bit fat. The PSP on the other hand looks so good! Nintendo can do better than that :/
Agreed, The DS looks like shit, well to me anyway.

Besides, they said that THAT DS is just a prototype, and that it will not be the final product.

Maybe they should make it AS sleek like the PSP but not as unappealing.

I want something that is at least fairly durable -- which that DS shot makes it look like it is. The PSP looks like it would shatter if dropped.

Back