Nintendos Upcomming Portable

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
"Nintendo has revealed new info regarding to Nintendo DS. Shigeru Miyamoto will reveal new titles for the system at E3. Game software will be released in the form of thin memory cards, which have low manufacturing costs similar to discs. Further function of the system will be revealed at E3, include wireless function and third party software. Nintendo DS will also use rechargeable batteries like the GBA-SP, and it will have two TFT LCD screens aligned top to bottom, which can combine into one big screen." - The Magic Box

How do you think the 2 screens will be utilized?

The 2 screen thing sounds weird but cool at the same time.

Sort of brings to mind Comix Zone, where you had your character punch/kick through a cell into another one.

It's going to be neat seeing how different games use the 2 screens. I see lots of possibilities.

Not just stuff like the active game screen on one side, and a map/status/menu screen on the other, but games that actively use the divided screens, and have the environment use that divisor (a plastic line down the middle?) in some way that makes it unique to the DS, and not able to produce the same effect on any other system, sort of like Virtual Boy games, but even more proprietary since you can replicate true 3D steroscopic games with red/blue "goggles".

Hmm, I think that paragraph was one sentence. :huh: *takes a breath*

so are we talking like the same kind of memory as digital cameras?
Although now that I think for a second I realize Nintendo would probably try to decrease the chances of piracy

Back