Old Transformers Episodes & Skorponok....

Hello.

Back in 1992-3 I remember watching some Transformers Episodes that were taking place after the events of the Movie (After the defeat of Unicron).

Specifically it starts off on earth & then at Cybetron with Galvatron commanding Six-Shot to shoot down the attacking Aerialbots. Later on, some Decepticons get transported on some alien planet & that's where the Head-Masters were 1st introduced. The film finishes with an epic battle on Cybetron against Skorponak (who was also 1st introduced in the series). Finally the golden age of Cybetron was once again revived using the energy from the Earth's sun.

What I would like to know is the exact name of this long film-episode, or was is a separate set of episodes put into one VHS tape? (Mine consisted of a single VHS tape) so I can search for it... :confused:

Thanks in advance.

What you describe is the entire 4th season of Transformers, all 3 episodes of it. This arc is also known as Transformers: Rebirth. It's been released on DVD twice, first as Transformers: Heroes, when Kid Rhino was first testing the waters for Transformers DVD's, and second in the Season 3 pt. 2 and Season 4 box set.

Also note, if you follow the Transformers into the Japanese series, Rebirth never took place.

I do believe that it was released on VHS at one point, though I never found an original copy. I know Kid Rhino didn't put it out in their VHS series (I bought them all before they finaly started the DVD box sets.)

There's a long, sad story behind these episodes. If you go for the season box set, you'll get to hear it told from the writer's perspective. But basicaly, Hasbro came in and said write us a five episode arc to introduce all these new characters. Then after it was written, they said, okay, now cut it down to three episodes. That's why the story is so rushed.

There was a VHS. They had it at That's Rentertainment in Champaign, IL. I think it was called The Return Of Optimus Prime or something. It's plot really paralleled the movie in a lot of places, but with lower-budget animation. It was played as a single 75-minute "OVA" rather than as individual epsodes.

Return of Optimus Prime is the last two episodes of the third season. If the video was put together right, (which the one Blockbuster has here isn't, so the one your place has probably isn't as well) it should include the episode "Dark Awakening" from earlier in the season. There's supossed to be a Canadian video release where they edited Dark Awakening and Return of Op. Prime into a movie and labeled it Transformers: The Movie III. Five Faces of Darkness (the first 5 eps of season 3) were edited together as TF: The Movie II.

That's it! The movie at Rentertainment was titled "Five Faces of Darkness". I couldn't quite remember what it was before.

Back