PAR / GameShark reflash CD image?

Datel has been building generic mechanisms to periodically patch RAM in hundreds of different programs in what basically amounts to embedded environments for something like 20 years. A little BIOS hacking is par for the course. I've also heard it rumored that they are quite respected by a number of senior programmers in the game industry, and therefore tend to find interesting bits of classified info sort of left on their doorstep.

I tried it in a cart wich lost the 4MB ram support. The flash went ok; but the problem persists (the cart has still all functions except for 4MBplus).

Expansion RAM support has nothing to do with the firmware; you've got a hardware problem. I'd check the soldering on the PAL chips.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jun 20, 2004 @ 10:06 PM

Expansion RAM support has nothing to do with the firmware; you've got a hardware problem. I'd check the soldering on the PAL chips.

I was hoping it was to do something with the firmware ;)

I have checked the solder points and they seem to be fine. Even the chips seem to be unharmed. Maybe they need to be replaced (or "reflashed" :D )...

Anyway, here are photos of the front and back of the cart if you want to have a look. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the help, Excyber. This reflash cd is very useful. Why isn't it in the Saturn Dev downloads section?

Back