Problem with friend's Dreamcast

Cloud121

Established Member

Hey guys, a kid at my school wants his DC fixed. He says his controller ports fried, and he's looking for some kinda fuse for the ports. He says it's a "F1 Fuse-able Resistor". Now, I have no clue as to what that is. Anyone know? Anyone know where to get that or new controller ports?

the controller plug comes out pretty easy from broken dreamcasts... or I saw on ebay this guy was selling these ten cent transistors and said they fixed broken controller ports . These fry easy , espically when you use unauthorized accessories .

Hm.. but do you know where my friend can get some, other than eBay? Also, if he HAS to go eBay, what exactly is the name of the part he's looking for?

just buy a broken dreamcast somtimes you can find them for $5-10 as long as the controller port isnt the part thats broken .

G'day,

its probably just easier to replace the whole controller port baord. The thing just slides in and out after you disconnect the ribbon cable, no muss no fuss

Easier, but more expensive. Even though the part is a fusible resistor, you can use a regular resistor or fuse, just don't screw around with hotswapping anymore. You'd be better off asking in the Hardware section of DC Emulation, because last I checked they were recommending using a fuse over a resistor, but I have no idea what value, etc.

Heck, if you're REALLY ghetto and you promise not to hotswap/overload/use third-party crap: You can just short the fusible resistor. But I don't recommend that!

Back