Problem with Saturn RGB output

Ok I just got a Saturn recently its a white jap saturn model:hst-3220

I live in the UK and I'm using a step-down power converter.

The problem is when the system is turned on it doesnt seem to be getting the signal from the RGB scart and so it doesnt go into AV mode automatically. Also the AV channel is just black, nothing, nada.

I also tested the Saturn on all the other TVs in my house via RGB scart - same problem.

Running with the RF connectors however the system is fine.

Obviously the picture quality would be better in RGB. Also the TV in my room has no RF connectors =_=

So I would like to get the system running via RGB ASAP.

The system didn't come with a RGB cable when I bought it, just the RF leads.

I bought the RGB cable from lik-sang so its brand new. Also all the pins seem intact.

So what are the chances are its the RGB cable?

It seems most likely there is something wrong on the Saturn side of things.

But how would I go about fixing that?

Thanks in advance

I guess your tv´s are not multinorma but fear not sometimes those scart RGB cables are not true RGB they only have one video and 2 stereo cables (L&R) soldered to the scart its easy to check open the scart plug and see if all cables are connected only them we could check what the problem really is.

You get a black image and sound or a black and white image and sound with that RGB?

Thanks Zheræ for your reply, I've got it running via the RGB.

The problem seems to be where the RGB cable goes into the AV OUT socket

some pins arent making contact all of the time.

So after applying the highly technical techique known as 'wiggling it around a bit' it works.

So long as I dont move the cable it should be ok.

A long term solution would be nice though.

So that was just a problem with the cable no big problem I had the same problem as you but mine was old I open it and resolder every lead and protected with hot glue, you could always get one from NCSX they are custom made by them so they´re a bit expensive.

I had numerous problems with my Saturn scart leads from Lik-sang... better steer clear of them I'd say (but the image quality does improve a lot over RF)

Back