PSX Memory Card

Cloud121

Established Member
Yo, I think my PSX Memory Card (Official made by Sony) has gone haywire. I was checking my memory card last night, and here's what happened:

My WWF Smackdown data (3 blocks) was showing up as one FFVII save, which means that one save is 3 blocks! Also, the Parasite Eve save I have (1 Block) is showing up as Smackdown 2. My second FFVIII (1 block) save is showing up as a Smackdown 2 data as well. I had lost my best FFVII save, but I had it backed up (thank god!). Now... I loaded up Smackdown 2, and it loads the data fine. Which is wierd considering that it has to use 3 blocks, and it shows up as 2 SEPERATE blocks. My PE data I think is gone (I had put SO much work into the EX game!
sad.gif
). I tried loading the PE game, and it shows up as a bunch of numbers. Which I guess means it's corrupted. Let's see if I can do a quick diagram of this in text from the top down:

FFIX (2) BFM

FFVIII (1) FFIX (1) FFVII (3)

SD2 FFVII (3) FFVII (3)

FFVII (2) CC (1) CC (2)

SD2 FFVII (1) Tekken 3

that's how it looks like all screwed up. This is what it SHOULD look like:

FFIX (2) BFM

FFVIII (1) FFIX (1) SD2

FFVIII (2) SD2 SD2

FFVII (2) CC (1) CC (2)

PE (1) FFVII (1) Tekken 3

The numbers in paranthesis stand for the save file number (since you can have multiple saves for a game)

Here's the number of blocks per game:

PE: 1

FFVII: 1

FFVIII: 1

FFIX: 1

BFM: 1

CC: 1

Tekken 3: 1

SD2: 3

I may have just confused the hell out of you, but for those of you that can understand it, do you know what's going on? Is there a way to fix it?

Edit: Damn... I deleted everything, and copied it all back, and it's doing it AGAIN! Anyone know of a way to properly format a PSX Mem Card?

Edit 2: YO! I fixed it! My Game Hunter (a Game Enhancer clone) spotted a weird file on my card in the memory manager. Deleted it, and it's fine! Although.. I will miss my Parasite Eve data
sad.gif

Back