Rant: PayPal p!$$!ng me off...

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
<rant>

PayPal is pissing me off. How the hell does it take six days to process a payment? The money was withdrawn from my checking account on Friday. Why does it take until the next Thursday for them to actualy give the money to the people I sent it to?

Reality check: They keep your money for several days and collect interest on it. They used to only take 3 or 4 days to process a payment, but as the interest rate has gone down, the time it takes them to complete sending someone money has gone up. This just seems to me like a shady way of doing business. We're talking about two business accounts. They get money off me every time I recieve a payment. The company who is waiting on my payment pays a cut of that money to PayPal. Not to mention that when I use the money in my account to pay for stuff other than my hosting, I use my PayPal debit card, where they collect the usual 3.X% credit card transaction fees and only return 1.5% of that to me. They've found plenty of ways to make money doing what they do. Why do they still feel the need to take so long processing a payment where part of it had to be withdrawn from my checking?

Aaarrrggghhh...

</rant>

Back