Resident Evil 4 for PS2?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
It's 100% true now. Resident Evil 4 will have a PS2 release even though Capcom had an exclusive deal with the big N. This will really hurt Nintendo since this was going to be a BIG deal for them for sales.

Thanks to Spong for the news.

I read about this last night...

I was so pissed off at Capcom...

What is "exclusivity" to them anyway? All games to PS2? Viewtiful Joe, once GC only, now on PS2, and now RE4? What the F*CK is wrong with Capcom...

So... pissed off....

IceMan2k said:
This will really hurt Nintendo since this was going to be a BIG deal for them for sales.

Thanks to Spong for the news.
As Skank said over at SX, it's effect on the sales would be greatly reduced due to the time difference between release dates for RE4 for GC and PS2 - Nintendo should get ~1 year of RE4 sales before the PS2 version hits the shelves.

just shows how much confidence Capcom has in Nintendo... we must burn them at the stake for their unfaithfulness to the almighty N

Black_Dog said:
just shows how much confidence Capcom has in Nintendo... we must burn them at the stake for their unfaithfulness to the almighty N
Things aren't like they were back in the old days, when Nintendo monopolised the developers. These days it's common to find the same game across multiple consoles. Capcom aren't in anyway obliged to develop RE4 solely for Nintendo.

CrazyGoon said:
Capcom aren't in anyway obliged to develop RE4 solely for Nintendo.

Yes, they are. A contract was signed, saying that the RE series would continue only for the GameCube.

But it looks like they breached contract...

Dark Samurai said:
CrazyGoon said:
Capcom aren't in anyway obliged to develop RE4 solely for Nintendo.

Yes, they are. A contract was signed, saying that the RE series would continue only for the GameCube.

But it looks like they breached contract...
Not too good for the relationships between Nintendo and Capcom then :( And yes, what I said (in the quote) was merely an educated guess ;) You got me B)

Somehow, I doubt a contract was signed. If so, either Capcom is stupid and wants to be sued; or the had a loop hole. Breach of contract is a series deal. Ricky Williams formally of the Dolphins found out the hard way.

Either that there contract ends soon, so there telling everyone that once they get out of bed with Nintendo, their going to go sleep with Sony.

It's all about sales really.
And let's be honest, if Capcom stuck it out with Nintendo with the Resident Evil series, the whole franchise would be shot to hell and Capcom would disband the team in charge of the project for lack of funds.

I guess it's a question of whether you want to wait 1 year, when you could be playing it from the get go. I mean, it's not like the GameCube is going to put a big dent in your wallet, with it's ridiculously low price and all ;)

Back