REZ

I Recently I have been purchasing a lot of games that previously I had only played in warez form, and im interested in doing the same with rez. But I have come across a small problem: figuring out which one would be best to get. The Jap DC one might be harder to navagate if it has little english, plus I would have to ether mod my DC or do a swap evertime I play (sense I have a USA DC). The Pal DC one would be in complete english, but again I would have to deal with the region code problems, im not sure if it would have a 60hz mode, and Pal DC cases are hard to find replacements for. The USA PS2 version on the other hand would probably be all around good, except that it may run in a lower resolution then the DC versions.

So what do you all think? Which version would be the best to get?

The PS2 version has its advantages, though - the control is better, and it's going to be rereleased soon so it'll be easy enough to find.

I actually like the DC controls better than the ps2 controls, and I like the DC's vibrator as opposed to the built in ps2 one. Don't get me wrong though, both versions are fantastic.

The problem I have with the DC version's controls is that the cursor doesn't move fast enough. In fact, on the DC, you're better off playing with the dpad. They fixed that for the PS2 version.

edit - plus side to the DC version, control-wise, is that it supports the mouse, which is a great way to play the game.

Aside from all the control details, overall the PlayStation2 version looks slightly better, especially with the heavy abuse of blur effects and lightning.

I've been dying to play this for so long. I've seen lot of video footage, and it's just awe-inspiring. I had trouble lifting my jaw up off the ground after seeing it in action. :eek:mg:

Aside from all the control details, overall the PlayStation2 version looks slightly better, especially with the heavy abuse of blur effects and lightning.

Beg to differ, especially where aliasing is concerned... not to mention the DC's VGA capability. PS2 version does have the framerate and the controls, though, which makes it slightly superior overall, IMHO.

Dreamcast Rez plays in higher resolution than PS2 Rez. It was some time since I played the PS2-version though, and if most people say it looks better there well... maybe it's true. But I've never seen a PS2 game in high res, while the DC uses it for many, many, many games.

I think the screen resolution is the same between both versions, it's just that the PS2 actually renders at a lower resolution and then scales up to fit the screen.

i have and use PAL white label promo REZ in VGA mode and it rocks! especially on 41" Plasma screen we have... :p

still i wish they made vibrator for DC as well...

or like Playtation Martial Beat controllers... waving your arms to navigate would be cool... :)

cheers

Should I have any reservation about buying a PAL version of Rez if I can find it? Will they work right on a NTSC Dreamcast and TV with a region converter CD? They won't glitch up the TV or anything will they?

In fact, will a Pal Dreamcast game try to run at 50hz on an NTSC Dreamcast? Would that mess up my TV?

Guys I could be wrong, but i think that there is absolutely no writing or speech i the game at all, meaning you coul dget a JAP one and wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. As for the PS2 vs. DC...well their both vector graphics, saying one is better looking is just nit picking.

First of all, there is text in the game, but it's in English, even in the JP version. Secondly, they're not 'just vector graphics'. There are lots and lots of textures used in the game. Third, rendering resolution makes a significant difference on the wireframes used, because the edges are much more distinct than they would be on a fully textured object.

Originally posted by Omni@Thu, 2004-10-28 @ 12:14 AM

Should I have any reservation about buying a PAL version of Rez if I can find it? Will they work right on a NTSC Dreamcast and TV with a region converter CD? They won't glitch up the TV or anything will they?

In fact, will a Pal Dreamcast game try to run at 50hz on an NTSC Dreamcast? Would that mess up my TV?

[post=121829]Quoted post[/post]​

use VGA and that should solve it mate

also Rez support 60Hz so you should be alright

The DC controls are very slugish the PS2 pad via adapter help alot but still not very responsive specially when there are alot of objects on screen. Great tip on the mouse thing must get one.

Back