S-Video Mod

I wanted to add a standard S-Video and 2 RCA Audio Jacks to the back of my Saturn, this way it's easier to replace a cable if they get recked. I know the Saturn supports S-Video, one of the few that do, because you can buy an S-Video Cable from Lik-Sang. So just looking for some website urls on how to do this, thanks for any help, Amy!

I've done it, but never seen a guide. Gamesx.com has a pinout of the saturn a/v port. If you test continuity between the pins in the port and where they mount on the board you can solder wire to where they mount on the board and run those wires to an s-video port you've mounted.

yeah I've done this before... its really easy, but sorry I forgot to write down which pins they are on the mounted side of the port.

I've sold that Saturn though, and I didn't find the thing all that useful as a replacement S=vid cable costs more then say a 10pin mini din off the web. I'd say follow GAMESX's guide and make a connector plug for it. Or just buy the regular cable off the web as they are really cheap (like 4 or 5 bucks on ebay I see them go for).

The only thing I got out of doing it was just to say I did.

[EDIT]Oh and I thought to add... if your gonna go thru with it and your cheap like me and don't buy testers and all that shit. just take a battery and small light bulb or LED that the battery will power and stick a wire to each pin, if it lights its the one you want.

Yup, I think I've used my s-video port like twice lol. I'd rather use my s-video port for my ps2 (xbox gets the component ports).

Also don't ever use the amped headphone jack I put in the side, or the audio or composite out I put on it either. In fact I haven't powered up my saturn in nearly a year =/

Back