saturn burning help...

Ok, hey everyone. I'm new... yadda yadaa. Well, I've burned PSX games before and I just recently got a Sega Saturn. I have gone step by step using FireBurner (i.e., loaded up cue sheet, changed all mp3s to wav, etc.) and all I get are coasters. The only exception is that one of the CDs I burned (i.e., Panzer Dragoon) is read as an audio CD.

I use Nero, and it's always done the trick. Make sure you're buring the games at 8X, or 12X if you're really impatient.

Oh yea, this may be a dumb question, but you do have a mod chip installed, right?

No, I was just planning to use the swap trick to play the games. I can't find a modchip anywhere, and when I do, they're expensive as crap.

thanx man, but still before i get it i would like to really use the swap method. The main thing i need to kno how to do is burn the games. So i guess i should try nero? does that support cue sheets?

yeah im thinkin what mal is. mebbe all those "coasters" were burned right. the swap was never an easy thing for me the week i tried it.

another vote for Jandaman -- great guy.

save yourself the frustration.

it's well worth the money if you plan on playing your Saturn much

well its not about the swap it, the lens doesnt even go to the outer edge to read the code. I dont know whats going on. it jus boots up like an audio cd rather than going to the outer edge and reading the security code

yeah it checked the box, im just thinkin that fireburner doesnt work well with this computer because some of the "coasters" ive burned dont have anything on them, i put them back into my comp and it says they're empty. Does anyone here kno how to use nero to burn them?

Akuma sums it up nicely:

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Oct 8, 2001 @ 07:54 AM

You burn mixed mode just like the way you do with CDRWin or FireBurner; load the cue sheet and burn. To load the cue sheet in Nero:

1. File --> Burn Image...

2. Change File type to All Files (*.*)

3. Locate and load the cue sheet

Once the cue sheet has been loaded, the rest should be self-explanatory.

Well gallstaff, not everyone can have your level of common sense. After all, who else here would think of buying a cheap noname PSU for their new rig? Just kidding, that's the fastest way to learn, right? ;)

Back